Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's right some nobody (not really) has got the distiller burning the midnight oil!

Picked up the current Moonshine version that will soon be available to you all.Sorry to the guys that have last weeks version.

The Moonshine is the smoothest program single tune I have run to date.The driveabilty is excellent,with gobs of power,pulls like a freight train but ye it is so smooth.How he does it is amazing!Shear powerful perhaps the best I've driven to date.

I am really am truly amazed.

Shifts are clean driving in tow haul is similar to stock but it rips!NO jerkiness ever to speak off very pleasurable ride.

Hats off to Tony he really has gotten it figured out.And yes I only hope he will put the same time and devotion into TCM programing. :ro)

More to come it's late

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
How will this be made available? Through EFILive as a paid for tune file or as a ECM flash/purchase?

·
Registered
7,190 Posts
How will this be made available? Through EFILive as a paid for tune file or as a ECM flash/purchase?
Anyone that wants one can contact Trippin here at SoCal Diesel, he will have some details to go over with you on it.

He is authorized to deliver the Kent Moonshine as is Mike L at Inglewood Transmissions.

As soon as Diesel Power (NICK) gets the last few details from me I will be a Supporting Vendor here as well.

Unfortunately until I get on board here officially I cannot comment on it..........someone might complain..........:eek: ........Censored

T:cool: NY

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Damm Tony, the TTS guys are jumping ship left, right, and center! Just for a little taste of shine):h

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dunno if jumping ship has anything to do with me.

I like everyone wants to try everything for comparison.The tuning Tony has done is really powerful and tweaked to give the best over all driving experience.Regardless if he comes out top dog,which this Tune has got to be there by the ass-O'meter,it is sweet.

There is no peddle sensitivity but plenty of off idle power.Plenty of wheel spin off idle.
The shifts in non tow-haul are really clean as in tow-haul.
EGT's are very respectable and just don't spike out even with my fast acting pyro.But it will climb outside 1600 degrees as most big tunes and stacks will.
Looks like it will suck more fuel for the first time I seen my fuel PSI suck down below 3 PSI.This needs to be evaluated as the fuel may have been hotter.

It truly is a winner.

Now running the 02 software is cool too.Idle is so much smoother than my 01 ECM.Seems to lite quicker also.Not even a hint of trouble either.If I get the opportunity this week I'll See if I can get some dyno plots.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
will be nice to see how it does on the track/dyno and then pulling

sounds like another tune where no switch is needed, one tune does it all

Good luck tony

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
Soup is no longer on the menu!!?? :eek:

:D

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
Any good meal starts with either Soup or Salad, a main course, and ultimately finishes off with a little after dinner drink...........:D

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
Hmmm....

Everclear as a nitecap. :eek:

I like it!!!

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
I dunno if jumping ship has anything to do with me.

I like everyone wants to try everything for comparison.The tuning Tony has done is really powerful and tweaked to give the best over all driving experience.Regardless if he comes out top dog,which this Tune has got to be there by the ass-O'meter,it is sweet.

There is no peddle sensitivity but plenty of off idle power.Plenty of wheel spin off idle.
The shifts in non tow-haul are really clean as in tow-haul.
EGT's are very respectable and just don't spike out even with my fast acting pyro.But it will climb outside 1600 degrees as most big tunes and stacks will.
Looks like it will suck more fuel for the first time I seen my fuel PSI suck down below 3 PSI.This needs to be evaluated as the fuel may have been hotter.

It truly is a winner.

Now running the 02 software is cool too.Idle is so much smoother than my 01 ECM.Seems to lite quicker also.Not even a hint of trouble either.If I get the opportunity this week I'll See if I can get some dyno plots.
You will have to wait another 4-6 weeks to get some good fuel! Then maybe you can get some real comparisions.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I dont think you can count out the soup. The moon shine is a single tune that is unswitchable on the fly. So if you still use your truck for towing you have to write another tune. Also, not as much power as the extreme. We will see what the price is though, which may be the determining factor.

·
Registered
7,190 Posts
I dont think you can count out the soup. The moon shine is a single tune that is unswitchable on the fly. So if you still use your truck for towing you have to write another tune. Also, not as much power as the extreme. We will see what the price is though, which may be the determining factor.
Moonshine is Switchable, you have a choice of two of these four.All have been well tested,

There is going to be an Economy/Tow, Race, Race + and the Kent Moonshine.........:cool:

Power is part of the equation and it's got plenty......:eek: .....driveability is another......and from recent BETA FEEDBACK on it, well you can read it for yourself........;)

This will cover whatever anyone will need.

T;) NY

·
Registered
214 Posts
I ment switchable on the fly. You have to load your tunes rite?

·
Registered
7,190 Posts
I ment switchable on the fly. You have to load your tunes rite?
Toggle switch to swap between two tunes in the ECM.......no loading a new one in.

Oh, I forgot one more thing.........you have a controlled output by the ECM........so if you need something to turn on or off at a certain boost level, etc the ECM will do it........:)

T:cool: NY

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Moonshine IS switchable on the fly for both LB7 & LLY.
It might be just 20 or 30Hp down on the TTS, but it makes up for it in every other area from what the guys who have run both are telling Tony.
I have no doubt Moonshine will find that extra HP soon enough.

Cheers,
Ross

·
Registered
754 Posts
So how much? Too early to say?? Do the right thing and make it affordable, and I think you will get a broader base of customers including fence riders who are unsure of which tune to go for... Top quality product + top notch customer service + best price = no reason to look anywhere else IMO. You EFI Tuners have a great opportunity to turn the market upside down in short order, do it right and send everyone else back to the drawing board.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts