Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Kodiak 4500 with LLY, I started getting 1093 with truck and trailer at 31,000# with Edge set on 2. Then it started getting worse throwing them stock empty around town. I plugged in my Predator and was able to monitor Desired fuel rail pressure, and Actual fuel rail pressure. When you would floor it you could see I was starving for fuel. Change fuel filter and both numbers stay the same flooring it on Level 5 empty.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Crop, check your fuel filter of course, and also, does the 4500 have a factory lift pump? (I'd be surprized if it doesn't, because the light-duty trucks are already at the limits of the injection pump alone...) If not, the added horspower under load may be more than the injection pump can keep up with. Do a search on 1093's and lift pumps and you'll be reading for a while and get a lot of good info. There is also a "shim mod" you can search that cures a fluttering fuel pressure relief valve, but yours sounds like genuine fuel starvation. Others here know a lot more about this than me and will probably chime in. Good luck! ;)

·
Registered
412 Posts
Crop, also, towing that heavy, I would check out th Powershot 2000 propane injection system. Inexpensive, well built, and GREAT for towing. It would pay for itself on the mileage alone in your case, but the real benefit is the smooth increase in midrange torque you'll get towing like you do.....Look for "Diesel Performance Products" on the "Supporting Vendors" link, or do a seach on this forum or Yahoo for "Powershot 2000"...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have also the Powershot 2000. It really woke up the truck with Edge on 1 and using propane.

I haven't seen any big mileage results like some claim. For every gallon of Propane I use I save a gallon of diesel, which here in Phoenix I'm paying 2.00 gallon for pane. Egt's have been good pulling with those settings, pulling 7% grade in 4th gear egt's about 1325, awesome power.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Sounds good....Hope you solve the 1093 problem....;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts