Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the midst of reassembling my 6.5L top end after replacing the heads. Saturday, I spent most of the day disassembling the valvetrain, wire wheeling the innards and external surfaces of the heads, installing new valve stem seals and reassembling the valvetrain. Yesterday, I got the heads back on and torqued the ARP studs down. Thos heads are a bear to get placed in the engine bay without smashing a finger or two. Don't ask me how I know this.;)

I had to tie the 5 aft head studs to the valve springs to get them all in there. The ARP stud kit is very well made and went together very well. I particularly like the allen head socket on the end of them. It makes installation of the studs simple!

Things are starting to come together. I am hopeful that I'll be able to work on it a couple of evenings this week and have this beast fired back up in a week or two...

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Cool, i didn't thing the head studs would work with the engine in the compartment because of the clearance at the back?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, i didn't thing the head studs would work with the engine in the compartment because of the clearance at the back?
They work fine once it's all in there. I had to secure the studs to the heads prior to installing the head onto the block. I tried to capture that in my statement about tying them to the valve springs...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts