Diesel Place banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if any of the hand held programmers out will remove the Tourqe Management from the PCM? I know the custom tunes can but I would like to be able to adjust the amount removed.

William

·
Registered
446 Posts
From what I was told on here is no. I was looking at getting a hypertech but opted for a Wait4Me performance custom PCM instead for the torque management removal. Besides, its cheaper, $158 bucks for a new custom tuned PCM. Check them out ( http://www.wait4meperformance.com/ ) And I will post how I like mine in a few weeks when I get back from SLC and get to try the new PCM.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
To my knowledge, no hand-held will remove torque management...custom tune is a great options for gassers.

·
Registered
644 Posts
most handhelds remove some TQM, but not all of it.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Please explain why one would want to remove torque management.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
TM is what "bogs" the truck down in the 2500-3000 range when you squeeze the throttle. Remove this and the truck becomes much more responsive without the "bog". Makes the truck much nicer to drive. Almost feels like the 5.3 in my 1/2 ton Yukon XL.

·
Registered
187 Posts
From what I was told on here is no. I was looking at getting a hypertech but opted for a Wait4Me performance custom PCM instead for the torque management removal. Besides, its cheaper, $158 bucks for a new custom tuned PCM. Check them out ( http://www.wait4meperformance.com/ ) And I will post how I like mine in a few weeks when I get back from SLC and get to try the new PCM.
I am looking at getting rid of my Hypertech for a wait-for-me. Please keep us updated as to how you like it.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.