Diesel Place banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a chance to get a used HYPERTECH Programmer? Is this a good programmer to purchase, or not. Any help pls.

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
If you want to stick with a stock trans, yes the Hypertech is a good "safe" tune.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply.:D

·
Registered
762 Posts
Like Pat said if you aren't going too far with tuning and power. Then the hypertech is ok. Most everyone seems to be going with EFI Live for big power and options that you can control in the engine & trans.

·
Registered
269 Posts
im in the same boat, i would say go for it.. just dont go pass 100 hp. At least thats what i have always been told.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Tweek lets just go to crankitup and get it over with and shell out a buncha cash and get our tranny's built!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
rmkleman;1582324; said:
Tweek lets just go to crankitup and get it over with and shell out a buncha cash and get our tranny's built!!
Ok you talked me into, When shall we plan this trip?

·
Registered
109 Posts
One note of caution. I believe the Hyper Tech is a VIN# locking programmer. Meaning that it can only be used in one truck other wise it has to be sent back to Hyper Tech to be reset for a fee. Returning the original truck back to the stock tune will not reset this programmer. Perhaps some one else with a little more knowledge can chime in and conform this

·
Registered
935 Posts
Hypertech

None of my Hypers have been stuck with one VIN#

·
Registered
104 Posts
sold mine to friend, works perfect

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.