Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I asked in another post but got no serious answers.

From what Im reading here I have come to these conclusions.

I need to monitor egt's.
I want to change tire size (h2 takeoffs on the way)
I need to monitor clutch slippage.
I should go to a 4" gas pipe.
I am already running an Uni intake filter.
I want to run a programmer that cant be detected.
I want to run a programmer that is easily removed (for service concerns).

What am I missing? Which one is best for my above wishes/needs? Is the edge with attitude my choice here? I want a safe reliable ( I drive 30 miles off road by myself in winter to go camping)programmer that I dont have to worry about. Im not looking for the biggest/baddest ever made. Reliabilty is my concern here.

·
Registered
706 Posts
problemchild,

I don't think that there is one single unit that will do everything you want perfectly......that being said the juice/attitude combo brings you the closest with one unit.

The points that you will have some trouble with are

tire size: attitude will display a corrected number on the display but not on the dash speedometer.

Easily removed: The juice by itself isn't bad but by the time you wire in the attitude monitor it won't be a picknic to remove.

The attitude is reliable and provides the most information about your drivetrain and the most control over various functions, (defuel, low boost fueling). There have been a few "bad boxes" from edge but customer service @ Edge is excellent and once a good unit is obtained they are very reliable.

Right now the smart money is spent on a juice/attitude combo.

·
Registered
91 Posts
If you don't plan on doing a tranny upgrade, go for the Quad 110. It runs cool and won't kill the tranny. All programmers can be detected one way or another.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts