Diesel Place banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello i have a2005 hd2500 duramax looking to get a little more power. and also remove high speed limiter. been looking at superchip. are they any good. havn,t seen any one using them.

·
Registered
115 Posts
You will have better results posting this under Performance

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
:welcome: new guy :) The LLY guys will hook you up right quick :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Since I run the edge, i can only speculate, but Predator sure seems to be popular. That or the PPE. If i went the programmer route, i would go PPE. Reason being is it will stack well for really big gains.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm happy with the Superchips. Combined with the Boost Stick it is all I need until I can afford to upgrade the tranny.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I recommend checking out a switchable EFILive tune from Kennedy Diesel or one of the other EFILive tuners. You can pick and choose power levels, tire size, limiters, etc. to fit your needs.

No need to buy additional tuners or boost sticks if you go that route.

·
Registered
31,525 Posts
I don't currently have one on the DMAX but I ran a superchip on my F250 and it worked great.

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
A vote for the Predator version 2.02 here. It does more than I need it to.

At least, until I get a Suncoast V...

·
Registered
10,556 Posts
I don't currently have one on the DMAX but I ran a superchip on my F250 and it worked great.
F250! I thought all the nasty 4 letter stuff showed up like ****!):h

I run the Predator and love it. As a scanner it works good too!

·
Registered
31,525 Posts
F250! I thought all the nasty 4 letter stuff showed up like ****!):h

I run the Predator and love it. As a scanner it works good too!
Mackin must have overlooked that one :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thank you guys for the info. i talked to a fellow with the super chip in duramax. he said it had more power and better fuul mileage. the price seems rite for staters.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
new to site where would i find for sale site. thanks

·
Registered
747 Posts
I've got the PPE Xcelerator Economy version. It does everything the Xcelerator does except raise the rev limiter, hp is slightly lower, and uses stock fueling. Power is smooth on delivery. I'm very happy w/ my purchase for 450. Good Luck

·
Registered
282 Posts
I have had my superchip for a few months and love it. I think it's a great programmer if you can find a deal on it. The truck drives like stock. I don't notice any surging and there isn't alot of smoke. I have it on the middle setting and the power is great.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Edge EZ or Predator 2.02. If you choose the predator then keep it 65hp or below on the stock trans if you want it to last for a long time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
has any body tried agreen air filter. i just put one in my truck. seem to improve mpg.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts