Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my '06 LLY since june and have yet to do any mods to it. Mostly because I do not see much on the market as of yet. I know I am not alone w/ this issue. I have been warned that if programers do come on the market to quickly for the current model year that they most likely will have little testing done and just be the same as the prior model year. I am looking for a unit w/ about 4 to 6 levels, say stock to 150hp. If someone can give me some info I should would be grateful.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
339 Posts
There are alot of good product on the market for your truck. Alot of people are happy with the ppe programer. I would reccomend to do intake and exhaust first to keep your egt's down though.

·
Premium Member
1,786 Posts
if you dont want to spend a lot of money go with the diablosports preditor....if you have money to burn..efi live is the best...my preditor is awsome...does everything i need and run it on my stock 06...you can get it to your door for 300 dollars...highly recommend it..it has 40 65 85 120 i believe...havent went above 85 yet because i am still stock...and wow!

·
Registered
488 Posts
cuffnup;1603366; said:
if you dont want to spend a lot of money go with the diablosports preditor....if you have money to burn..efi live is the best...my preditor is awsome...does everything i need and run it on my stock 06...you can get it to your door for 300 dollars...highly recommend it..it has 40 65 85 120 i believe...havent went above 85 yet because i am still stock...and wow!
I'm right there with ya, I had the predator in my truck first before I got my edge and I like the predator a lot better, in my opinion it makes a lot more power than the edge and I like the features it has other than not being able to switch power levels on the fly and the predator only cost me $315 shipped compared to $685. And yes, you are correct on the HP levels.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I agree the Predator by Diablo Sport is great, im a big skeptic and the Predator made me a believer. The 120 tune is insane to much for my nerves and paranoia so i stick to the 65 tune and the occasional weekend 85 tune and they have been very good. Im not ready for the complexity of the efi live yet so im waiting for the ottomind6 from banks to come out, 6 settings- stock to 100 hp all switchable on the fly and it has a pyro for safety back down, it also has a tow setting and an economy setting, plus many many safety features. Have friends with the Edge since they came out and theyre not real happy.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Programmers

I've run Hypertech & Quadzilla & had good results with both in all years Max's. Currently running Quad on 70HP pulling trailer with my'07 & very happy with it, 135 is the high setting & the power is wild.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Programers and such

Thanks guys for the much needed information on the programers. I will probably make some calls or write up some e-mails shortly to those companies. I do have some computor skills w/ downloads etc... but still not sure if I would want to tackle EFI Live yet. I did install a magnaflow muffler and dual pipes out by the hitch. It is a 4" inlet and dual 3" outlets, pretty quiet but seems to work. I guess the next thing would be to install a intake of some sort and some guages such as a pyro and boost.:)

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Maxtreme;1605986; said:
Thanks guys for the much needed information on the programers. I will probably make some calls or write up some e-mails shortly to those companies. I do have some computor skills w/ downloads etc... but still not sure if I would want to tackle EFI Live yet. I did install a magnaflow muffler and dual pipes out by the hitch. It is a 4" inlet and dual 3" outlets, pretty quiet but seems to work. I guess the next thing would be to install a intake of some sort and some guages such as a pyro and boost.:)
You said earlier you had an 06 LLY your intake is about as good as it gets I would'nt replace that, but do get some guages if for nothing else but peace of mind.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I don't hear much about it in this forum, but I run the bully dog power pup in my 06 LBZ. It has 3 levels, not including stock: 48, 69 and 138 hp. I've had no problems, its easy to use and very impressive. I'm not sure why it's not very popular here in the PLACE but I personally would recommend it.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I have the Edge EVO. I think it is awsome.
I have never had any other- but this is everything they said it was plus you can talk to an actual person at edge if you have any problems. I had a few self infliceted problems and they spent 30 minutes on the phone with me to fix it.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I also run the Edge Evolution pretty happy with it so far:D , And like they said you can talk to the programmer personaly or he is always on these forum some where.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
torquemaster;1610244; said:
I don't hear much about it in this forum, but I run the bully dog power pup in my 06 LBZ. It has 3 levels, not including stock: 48, 69 and 138 hp. I've had no problems, its easy to use and very impressive. I'm not sure why it's not very popular here in the PLACE but I personally would recommend it.
The power pup is fairly popular on this site I think most of the Bully Dog guys just sit back and watch the Banks and Edge guys argue. Almost every thing I've heard about the power pup is good, I would love to ride in a LBZ tuned with one. The only Bully Dog powered truck I've riden in was a Ferd, It was strong though.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
I had the power pup and tri power with crazy larry they were ok but they can not hold a candle to the PPE Hot+2 on the LBZ

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Decisions decisions!

I have made some decisions on my needs. I will use the banks ram air w/ super scoop when it gets to market:rolleyes: I will keep the magaflow muffler w/ duals. And the programing comes down to Banks new 6 gun w/ PDA snd Bully Dog. I like the PPE hot plus 2 but it does not have a mounted monitor. It would be a programer that I would need to grow into in time. At least I have gotten this far, we will see what the future brings.:)

·
Registered
193 Posts
LWATSON;1611028; said:
The power pup is fairly popular on this site I think most of the Bully Dog guys just sit back and watch the Banks and Edge guys argue. Almost every thing I've heard about the power pup is good, I would love to ride in a LBZ tuned with one. The only Bully Dog powered truck I've riden in was a Ferd, It was strong though.

The triple dog w/crazy larry for the LBZ is average at best. Compared to the PPE its like the difference in a chevette and a corvette.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
PPE programer

Everything I have read about PPE is that it has a problem w/ defueling during shift points. The last system I helped get going was on a '02 GMC w/ complete bully dog/ triple dog and monitor system. It seems to have a bad habit w/ defueling. So if you can relate, w/ this statement which is worse PPE or bully dog? Also I uploade the Crazy Larry on my buddies truuck and ended up taking it back out after a full week of driving it. Way to rad for the street.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Maxtreme;1621928; said:
Everything I have read about PPE is that it has a problem w/ defueling during shift points. The last system I helped get going was on a '02 GMC w/ complete bully dog/ triple dog and monitor system. It seems to have a bad habit w/ defueling. So if you can relate, w/ this statement which is worse PPE or bully dog? Also I uploade the Crazy Larry on my buddies truuck and ended up taking it back out after a full week of driving it. Way to rad for the street.
I think they are similar as far as the defueling goes but the ppe is just so much stronger. Jason

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
I dont feel any defuel in my PPE

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I thought PPE worked out the defuel problem, I hope so I ordered one yesterday.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Programer decision!

Well it looks like banks will prevail concerning the programer choice. The truth is if PPE had a monitor that was mountable than I would go w/ them. Who knows maybe by the time that I purchase this programer PPE might have something in the works. :cool:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts