Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There seems to be lots of info about the Quadd 215 and the Juice, Comp (185?), but what about VA's new box, the 230 or 250? Who is running that monster? Hummm.... Mac, hello......Mac, wake up, what did the Dyno say?

Burner------->

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
I haven't streeted the box yet .... I will in time .... By Thanksgiving week or sooner ....

It put out a sold 450 795 Sae corrected and was the BOX of the day for a single .... It didn't stack well with Quad or a pressure box if I recall .....I need a passenger taking notes .... I did 29 runs that day ....

Mac
Edited by: Mackin

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i would think that the thing probably fell on it's face stacked. Wayyyy too much timming involved. Did anyone try adding just a 40HP Pred with it? What about looping out the timming on a JUICE and trying that?....... Anything?

Burner-------->

·
Registered
494 Posts
It does work well stacked with the Quad but you have to choose the right levels on each of them. Also it works good with a little pressure.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Seems to me that all you need is a little more fuel, duration timming. One high HP box and "something else" should be sufficent, you're just trying to help the big box. Why run two Big block V-8's when one would do? All these monsters need is a hand held starter, not another motor.

Burner-------

·
Banned
328 Posts
Last I heard when a box makes less than what it is, that is called under achieving?

I think it made around 200hp right? That is no slouch but hardly an overachievment.

My biggest problem with the VA is the way they do timing, because the trannies don't work right with them. There have been a lot of us trying to figure out exactly what is does to the Allison, but there is something there.

If you can buy them cheap enough they are ok and can make good power. Make sure you can get replacement harnesses!

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Quadzilla said:
Last I heard when a box makes less than what it is, that is called under achieving?

I think it made around 200hp right? That is no slouch but hardly an overachievment.

My biggest problem with the VA is the way they do timing, because the trannies don't work right with them. There have been a lot of us trying to figure out exactly what is does to the Allison, but there is something there.

If you can buy them cheap enough they are ok and can make good power. Make sure you can get replacement harnesses!

I dont understand why someone came out with that box being a over achiever statement myself .... It is rated higher then the Stealth but yet only mustard up a 450 same as the 215 .... The harness was the weakest I've seen ...

Mac

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
sorry i used the word overachiever and guess i shouldnt have,after talking with several of the people that attended the dyno and hearing about this 250 va box i was interested,so i called and asked about it and was told it was a 225 or 230 or whatever the hell different people rate the same basic box at.sorry for my misstatement but after talking to some of you connecticut dyno day attendies you all gave me the impression that this box was the badest thing there.and i figured since you guys were calling a 225 or 230 a 250 you were all kinda of saying it was just thast an over achiever.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts