Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,What or is there any difference between the Prodigy V2.4 and V2.6? I do not tow all the time, only occasionally. Thank you.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Where do you see the version? On the box or on the unit?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Version 2.4 VS Version 2.6

Redman,
I just recently puchased the Prodigy V2.6 and installed it, but have yet to test it out. I have been pouring though the net trying to find out the differences between the two versions, but have come up empty handed so far. I have an e-mail in the Tekonsha asking what the differences were. I just assume that 2.6 has got to be better than 2.4;) .

This technical bulletin from the Tekonsha site explains what V2.4 fixed, but I can locate no technical bulletin for 2.6.

I will keep you posted if I hear anything from Teknosha tech support.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Answer From Tekonsha

RedMan,
This just in from Tekonsha...

"Thank you for chosing Tekonsha. There is no difference in the 2.4 and 2.6. The number is a calibration used by engineering. have a good day."

So don't pay anymore for 2.6 than for a 2.4. I found a great deal on mine on E-bay. I think I paid about $70.00 for it, new in box.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I saw an ad in a vendor catalog that was for "the next generation of Prodigy" or something like that. Said this summer. Your 2.6 will be a lly by summer.:) Not that that is a bad thing.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I hope the next version is smaller. I wish there was a way to make it look stock like the one in the new Fords. In my Dodge there are even less places to mount it.

·
Registered
273 Posts
No Diff in the 2, as you found out. But I would not use any other controller!!
for the money this controller can not be beat!!

Goodluck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts