Diesel Place banner

Prodigy brake controller location on '06!

1K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  BlueOvalBoy 
#1 ·
When I bought the prodigy brake controller I wasn't sure where I could attatch it to the dash. I don't have the floor console in my new truck and the contour of the lower dash seems to be different from the earlier trucks. I ended up dropping the ashtray door and used 2" wide heavy duty velcro to hold it in place. The prodigy fits in that area almost like it was made that way.

Just thought I would share this.

#2 ·
That's a great idea. I just mounted mine to the left of the ashtray under the dash (with screws). Since I will never use the ash tray, I may relocate it to that location. Thanks for the tip!

#3 ·
The nice thing about my set up is that I can unplug the controller, cover the harness to protect it from shorting out, tuck it up under the dash out of the way and put the ashtray door back up and it looks nice and stock.

Thanks for the kudos!

#6 ·
#9 ·
BlueOvalBoy, you have some dirty feet:lol:

#10 ·
Well Goldneye, that's what happens when you have a 600' gravel driveway and the corner market on the state of Michigans supply of clay ;)

Anyway, what do you guy's think of the location?

#11 ·
I think it is an ok place I thought about mounting mine there, I actually started too mount in the same place with a little differnt method, I ended up mounting it right above the gas pedal, my reasoning was to use the manual brake it was too far away to be reaching and driving at the ash tray location, other than that I think it is a slick location

#12 ·
I'd thought about that but I knew after I held it there while sitting behind the wheel I would constantly be smashing my knee on it. I would like to have it a little closer but I don't want to cut up my dash.

Thanks for the comments.

#13 ·
It is actually located under/ at the bottom the dash, just above the throttle there were two holes in the metal right there so there is/was no cutting I will try and get a picture in the next couple days, I was thinking it was going to be in the way but actually I dont think I have ever hit it with my knee/leg.

#15 ·
I mounted mine just alittle to the right of center of the gas pedal, the exact same as the 2002 2500HD. Drilled 2 holes and used the same screws. I had to move one wire to use the 2002 wiring harness, as they changed the pattern in 2003. Took 15 minutes total. Mike Z

#16 ·
DDD that looks real close, if you used the exsisting holes, that is probably excatlly the same spot as mine

#17 ·
DDD and J

Thanks guys, I'll try that location too. My wife is the one that mainly drives the truck and she is a little concerned about the current location. Since I can use the exsisting holes it's worth a try.

MJ, I like your avatar :) but I'm sure you hear that a lot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.