Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, 4wheelparts is having a sick sale right now.
Buy 3 Procomp 1059 rims for $144 ea. get the 4th free.
Buy 3 Procomp tires get the 4th free.
when you buy Procomp tires and rims they'll mount and balance for free.
right now it's half off the shipping and spend over $1000 you get a gift card for $125.

Now my problem is should i get the All Terrain or the Mud Terrain.
the only off-road i really do with this truch is when i go hunting.
but i like the rugged look of the MTs.

does anyone know why the 305 have a lower load rating then the 285s?
would i have any problems with the 305s at 2910lb load?
i tow my jeep for off-roading once a month.

thanks for any input and sorry for the long post.
Vinny

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
Double check their prices,I know they really jack up the prices on the tires for these two for one sales.If you dont mind getting 5-10,000 mi.less,go for the mud tread.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
5-10K less is not ready a problem.
the price for the tires is about right, the rims i'm not sure.
i just call to talk to them about the deal. the guy keeps asking me to order them now because the stock is running very low and should run out in a day or so. i'm not sure if it's true or all a sales trick.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I'd go with the new XAT. I've got about 500 miles on mine in mud,rain,and snow so far and really like them.They are a good compromise between the two IMO. Should were much better than the MT's.The only problem I see is that not all sizes are available yet. I've sold several sets of the AT and MT Pro Comps and the MT seem to wear out twice as fast(15-20,000 miles on a full-size). I'm also getting ready to try a set of the Mickey Thompson MTZ's,looks like a very nice tire,but I know very little about them. I guess I voted myself the guinea pig.):h

·
Registered
62 Posts
I would spend more and get bfg's or toyos. P/C tires are complete crap. I will never sell or buy another p/c tire. I have had many that were out of round, would wear funny or come apart. I would reconsider getting those tires especially if you tow or put your family in the truck. There is a reason those tires are don't cost much.

·
Registered
53 Posts
All the BFG tires I've ever owned have been great. They have the same tread patterns as the Pro Comp's do, but the all-terrain seem to pick up a lot of rocks compared to the mud-terrains.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Pro Comp AT

I have about 10,000 miles on set of AT's. About half of those miles are with 1500 pounds in the bed. They do as good as any Dunlop or Goodyear tire in the snow. I have'nt had them in deep mud. Tread wear is minimal, I should get 40-50k miles out of them. No problems getting them balanced either. Bought them on the recommendation of a friend. I'll see how they do when I start dragging my boat around this spring. I would not use them for heavy loads,max load rating is D I think.
-Rich

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for all the help. i spoke with my mechanic who owns a goodyear shop. he was not a big fan of the pro comp tires. he told me that i should not get rid of the stock rims. the 285s will not have any problems at all and that our rims are much better than most cheap stuff out there. he recommended BFGs or Goodyears. anyways he gave me a good deal for a set of goodyear wranglers he had order for himself. didn't feel like waiting for him to order the BFGs. so thats what i'm going with now.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have had good luck with the ProComp MTs - I run them on my dodge, am on the second set, got about 60,000 miles out of first set (actually 59,600 miles), have about 22,000 miles on second set and they still look great, have no reason to believe I wont get 60,000 out of them - I know I am in the minority around here - If any concellation I want an all terrain for my Duramax so I'm going BFG simply because I hate the way ProComp ATs look

·
Registered
825 Posts
I have the Procomp A/Ts in 265/75R16's. They're great tires. They are great in snow, which is a must when you plow, they're great in dirt and mud, and they wear well so far. They also look great. Good investment, IMO.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts