Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well was running edge, usually only on level one, only played with the power a handfull of times, noticed that second to third shifts were kinda harsh, then i figured it was not shifting into third, seems like second is slipping, feels like it slips and then grabs, all of my shifts have become hard and it does not roll smoothly into the gears like it did before, took the power out and put a plug into the pyrometer hole in the manifold, planning on taking it to the dealer, any suggestions? also do you think they will sweat the plug in the manifold? can I jsut say i dont know what is is about or i had a egt gauge in it? advise please

Lb7up.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
How long have you had the edge in? The tranny needs to relearn with the new power, drive it in the level you will use most and drive it the way you will most. After a while they will smooth out. When I take mine in for warranty I just coil up the Pryo cable and zip tie it to the fuel filter, I've never had any problems.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
The trans will need to get used to the power added over stock. Give the trans some time to learn. I start out driving easy until the shifts smooth out and then start getting more aggressive from there. This also needs to be done in T/H mode.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts