Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 266 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the latest Edge J/A for my LB7, was built 12/22/05. I'm having the same problems as a lot of guys have had with the older version. Truck will just shut off while driving down the road. When it does this the speed on the attitude locks on whatever speed that it occurred at. I have disconnected it and the truck runs fine. Have any of you guys experienced this with the new version? Edge is going to make it good but I'm on a 2-3 week waiting list.-:t

·
Registered
514 Posts
Mine was built 1/26/06 and it runs fine. I will tow my 5ver tomorrow for a camping trip. This will be the true test. Current Ver 1.0 for LB7 no attitude. I did notice an additional step with this version when setting it manually. This new one is actually more responsive I think.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine is a 1.0 version as well. Maybe I just got a bad one.:confused:

·
Registered
310 Posts
Mine was built 1/27/06 and while I haven't gotten any starting problems, I
did have the truck stall on me once when I was towing a boat. I had come to
a stop and noticed that the engine died. However, it started right up.
Another incident was where I started the truck and the speed on the Attitude
was stuck at 23mph. I had to change the display to something else and back
to mph and it worked after that. Needless to say, I just don't have that
good of a feeling with the Edge at this point.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I just ordered the Edge/Attitude this morning. After reading this thread I don't have a good feeling either.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine did the exact same thing when I was towing my boat. Started right back up. It acts like the edge just locks up. Thing about it is I sent back my perfectly working Bully Dog and purchased the Edge.:rant:

·
Registered
609 Posts
Maybe one of the pins in the connector was not making good contact?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybe one of the pins in the connector was not making good contact?
Yea, I thought the same thing so I disconnected it, inspected and reconnected. Still same results.:banghead:

·
Registered
218 Posts
I just got a replacement one built on 01-27-06. Worked great till last night. I was idling for about 5 minutes [-30 f here yesterday] and as soon as I put it in reverse it died. I had just come off a 25 mile trip so the engine was up to temp. Wouldn't even turn over. My dash just went black when I turned the key. I opened the hood and I could hear a clicking sound coming from both sides of the engine. Sounded like injector solenoids clicking???? I unplugged the Edge and the clicking stopped. Hooked up the injector harnesses without the Edge and she fired up. However, when I went to move it the trans was in limp mode. No more than 2000 rpm. I shut it off for about half an hour and the limp went away but now my engine light is on. I guess it threw a code somewhere.

I really like the product but I can't have a vehicle I can't depend on. Maybe it's time to go EFILive......

·
Registered
488 Posts
Bought a edge EZ tried to plug it in and the big connector part of the Edge wouldn't connect to stock connector, called Edge and they sent another one, same thing.
They told me to go see a local dealer and let them check it out,dealer is 60-70 miles away and I'm not in the mood to tell they guy that the kit I bought from a Internet dealer is bad , he's liable to tell be where to put it so I don't want to go there.
So sent it back to original dealer and contemplating my next move, maybe a VA box or a Predator who knows.
Edge sure didn't work for me,DARN IT ANYWHO.
Merle

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
Bought a edge EZ tried to plug it in and the big connector part of the Edge wouldn't connect to stock connector, called Edge and they sent another one, same thing.
They told me to go see a local dealer and let them check it out,dealer is 60-70 miles away and I'm not in the mood to tell they guy that the kit I bought from a Internet dealer is bad , he's liable to tell be where to put it so I don't want to go there.
So sent it back to original dealer and contemplating my next move, maybe a VA box or a Predator who knows.
Merle
This Member Has More Integrity than Edge will EVER Have.He dose not expect someone else to make this Their Emergency.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I had the Edge Juice(no attitude) worked fine but after reading the features of the Banks Six Gun I decided to give it a try. It took a bit longer to install with passing the wire harness through the firewall and the TCM connections (which my edge did not do or have).
I am happy with the performance gains.
BTW Banks told me that most on-line dealers are selling re-manufactured or ones that had factory issues. Only certified sellers are Banks and some walk-in stores.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Merle
I had the same problem once, drove me crazy.
What happened was that when unplugging the factory connector it left behind a white looking piece of the connector, some sort of pin support and that was blocking the edge harness from plugging in, but the factory would work fine because it would fit back on the plug.
I took a small screw and lightly, I said lightly, screwed it into the white pin support to pull it out, re-installed it on the factory plug and all is fine.
Keep in mind Edge has built many of these, probably buying the connectors from the same vendor and a simple plug in is is the least of thier problems.

Thats all I have to say about that

·
Registered
488 Posts
slduramax, Been there checked it out, even tried removing the white piece to see if that was the cause, nope,nada, not even.
Glad that you were able to make it work,wish I could have.
Most of all I wish that when Edge sent me the replacement I had tried to connect Edge to Edge that would have helped, at least I think it would have.
Still think I want either a chip or possibly now that EFI Live has a two tune switchable I might go there.as someday I could be at a stoplight alongside of a POS Furd and I might need some serious power right now.
I don't want to be setting there trying to download another tune, I could get left in the dust.
When I want POWER I want it NOW.
Merle

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'll give them one more try, if my next on has issues then I'm going to request a refund and try something else.:(

·
Registered
156 Posts
mine never shut down before i sent it in for an upgrade and now my new box has shut down on my twice. I was going 75 mph today on setting 2 the first time was on 5 and the battery light came on and the DIC said that they battery was not charging and then i came to a stop and the truck shut off. I turned it off and back on and everything was fine. it is wierd. Edge's product quality is really slipping. I send Edge boxes back all the time and i even sent in 2 dmax ones today, a LB7 and an LLY. I am getting sick of this crap.

Scott

·
Registered
218 Posts
I wasn't even towing. I was just idling and she quit. I thought my starter shorted out because when I went to turn the key the whole dash went black and the engine wouldn't even turn over. Almost like the battery was dead. Once I unplugged it everything was ok again. I plugged it back in last night and so far it's working ok.

I sent an e-mail to Edge but I haven't heard anything back yet. The wife drives the truck once in awhile and I'm scared to send her out with it now. It's cold up here and I'm not sure she could even open the hood, never mind unplug things if the truck quits.

Edge was good with replacing my last one even though I was over warranty. I just can't have a vehicle that I can't rely on....

·
Registered
941 Posts
Well, you guys probably don't want to hear this, but the second test box I have been using since late Oct failed on me last night on the way home from Vegas... :eek: No towing, was on level 1 to see if I would get better mileage for the trip home. Was about 13 degrees outside going up to the Eisenhower tunnel on I-70. Engine started rattling like a box of marbles and I lost power. Got over to the side and shut it down before the engine died, let the attitude shut down, then fired it back up again, still sounded like a bunch of marbles under the hood. Disconnected the box and all ran good the rest of the way home. This is the second time their "test box" has done this to my engine and I am starting to get concerned about what damage may have been done during these episodes... Frankly I am starting to get worried and unsure if I can trust them anymore. I have left a message this morning, but no return call as of yet. My "old" 4.81 box never did this, only one time was there a no start when cold. I duno boys.... :(

1 - 20 of 266 Posts