Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woke up today to 5 inches of snow here in IN and was the first opportunity to use 4 high on my new 06 LBZ. This is my 4th GM truck since 99 so I know exactly how they drive in all conditions and something is wrong here. In dry conditions everything is perfect, truck drives and tracks straight. In the snow, hold on. This thing is everywhere and the steering wheel has to be turned 1/4 turn to remain going straight and then it will suddenly jerk that direction and vice versa. This makes it very difficullt on snow covered roads to remain control. Could something be binding in the front end? When switching out of 4high to 2wd all the problems seemed to be solved (except for the lack of traction). I do not ever exceed 50 mph in 4wd and I could not here or feel any obviously vibrations or noises. The truck only had 1000 miles on it. When I picked it up at the dealer I noticed the torsion bars where cranked almost all the way up (only had 120 miles). I cranked them down 3.5 turnes and had the truck realigned and so far so good except for today. Only mods are the 285/75/16 duelers which I took of my old LB7. What could be the problem?? :help:

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
I would guess you need to lower your T-bar more.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
T-bars

The front now sits level with the back. Is that ok or should I go lower? What is normal height for the front?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Well i have my t-bars cranked up to level the truck and it does not effect the steering, wet,dry or in snow ..I also drive high speeds with it in 4 high , and it drives normally and should..I would have the dealer take a close look at it , some ting is seriously wrong!!

arm

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
The half shafts should be almost level.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts