Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I recently ordered some catch-all floormats and notice that they seem to come unsnapped from the floor rather easily and slide out of place. I was wondering if anyone else had similar problems and if so what they might have done to fix it? Maybe I just screwed up the installation?

I was thinking of putting some strips of the hook side of some adhesive backed velcro on the bottom to see if that would keep them from sliding. Any comments are appreciated. Thanks.

Greg

·
Registered
68 Posts
I had them in my 01 ext cab and they were great. Mine never came undone on their own. I will be putting them in my new truck when its gets here.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
In the front, I put velcro on the stock floor mats, and attached them to the catch alls. They stay in place pretty well with the exception of the 4 X 4 floor shift lever.

·
Registered
448 Posts
My drivers side catch all comes undone if I push into them. Like sometimes when lifting your butt up to get your wallet. Minor annoyance. Going to figure out to wedge something in the "scewdiver slot" of the "holding peg" to keep it split farther. This will make it harder for the mat grommet to come off the "peg".

·
Registered
217 Posts
I have the Catch-all Xtreme mats and don't use the "snaps" that come with them, I don't seem to have a problem with them moving at all.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I've got the Catch All X-tremes also. I don't have mine hooked down either. They slide a little bit on the floor, but not objectionably. They are great mats.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Stick a toothpick in the slot and break it off flush. Then put the cover back on it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I purchased the "Catch-all" fronts, center, and rear mats. My 03' has the vinyl floor and I chose not to punch holes in it. Instead, I used 1"x4" adhesive backed velcro strips placed under the four sides of each mat. Works great! Probably not a good fix if you have carpet though.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Buy the Husky Liners - they have "grabbers" on the backs that stick into the carpet. Mine haven't moved at all since i've had them and have sure come in handy.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
I gave mine away and got some Husky rubber. I have had a bunch of these and the rubber Huskys seem to be the best dollar for dollar. Carpet holds moisture and odor which is not good to have in a TRUCK. Plus, the grease and Diesel fuel will soak the carpet..... difficult to clean. Just my .02 worth

Sorry......I did not answer your question because I had the same problem. Other than riviting them to the floor, mine moved around.... a lot, velcro is all I can say. Unless you sow (sp) the velcro to the mat, it'll peel off. Plus, installing them (ie- car wash) they always seem to be crooked. I gave up trying because it just wasn't worth my time. When you get "that look" while adjusting your floor mat......it's time to let it go and get something better or more pratical.

Burner------------>
Edited by: Burner

·
Registered
362 Posts
I had Catch-alls in my 97 Z-71 frt/back and they constantly moved around when getting in/out. The goofy little pins never held them very well. One thing I didn't understand with them is that they say they are supposed to contain snow/mud water yet they go and put holes on the bottom of them for these pins. The stuff just leaks through the holes on your carpet. I had no complaints for the rear mat and think the rear cargo mats would be great too but the fronts were not worth the $$$, IMO.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I too have Catch-all X-treme. My only complaint is the little caps keep popping off the screw down holders. Anyone figured out how to keep them on?

I'm thinking about unscrewing them from the carpet, using velcro like others have said, and glueing the caps on. What do you guys think?

BTW, if any of you are in the market for new mats, I'd recommend you look at the Huskyliners. My wife has them in her Yukon and I like them better than my X-treme mats. They don't "look" as good, but they "work" better....IMHO

1 - 12 of 12 Posts