Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so a while back the 700r4 in my 6.2 blazer went. so i sent it down to my cousin to rebuild it and beef it up, and this guys knows his stuff so i knew i get a good tranny, he pretty much replaced everything (case included its almost brand new everything). the thing is now just bout as strong as it can get, great... except after i put it in and finish the work i was doing on the engine i run into a hitch... fire up the engine there is a slight whine, and when i put it into gear it whirs loud enough it can be heard clearly with the engine idling, kinda like bearing noise. i pulled the dust cover back off and there doest seem to be anything that could be rubbing, and i severely doubt anything is wrong with the tranny. any thoughts? i really dont wanna have to pull everything apart again...its rather depressing:( , i would much rather find out im an idiot and missed something stupid and simple. *prays for an easy fix*:help:

thanks

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm, well i dont know the torque converters exact model but it was made by a company out of langley BC and its their heavy duty model, my cousin does trannies for a living and hes never had a prob with these, but from where the sound seems to originate i kinda think ur right..the pump i have no idea, but the sound does not seem to be coming from in the tranny itself, if i cant sort it out tonite im gonna pick up a floor model tranny jack and pull the tranny and transcase again...

·
Registered
55 Posts
If you can get a pressure gauge to check line pressure of the pump, that tell you if its the pump or converter.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for your input, i ended up pulling the tranny again and upon closer inspection it was the torque. defective unit, but its being replaced. should be up and running some time this week :ro)

·
Registered
6,412 Posts
You are lucky... Last time that happened to me, the guy at the junkyard had cracked the pump moving the tranny around... And then sold it to me as a good trans... I found out AFTER I put it in (and being very careful not to damage the pump when I installed the tranny) that it was damaged... :mad:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts