Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TheChevyHDMan said:
I wouldnt be Jim these steeltex's have absolutely no bite in them when they get towards the iffy part. I think they have no grip mainly because the ourside treads are really just ribs, No cleats to em at all. First storm last year plowing all I did was slide....I was stopped once....and just started sliding sideways.. Next day I took a short trip to my local Goodyear dealer and Got some MT-R's(way too aggressive for normal driving) But I never once got stuck with those tires, Well once when I fell into a huge frozen pile of snow trying to stack more snow on top of it...But nothing besides a winch or a chain will get you out when your in frozen solid snow upto the doors.

Im trying my first set of BFG's now...Great bite not overly agressive..mileage wise...Im not too sure...jury is still out.

I think my next set with be Procomps.

Bill

Got me a link for a $75.00 rebate on 4 procomps, gotta buy before 9/30/2003.

I am ordering a set of 265/75-16 Mud Terrains for winter, gonna shelve the H2's with the 33's for the salty time

T
NYEdited by: GMC-2002-Dmax

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ALERT !!!!!!!!!!!!

Pro-Comp buy 3 get 1 free is back................

I just ordered 4 - 265/75-16 Load range "D" Mud Terrains delivered to my door for $502.93 and I will be mailing in my $75.00 REBATE as well .............

so my total for 4 tires delivered is $427.93!!!!

I will PM the details to anyone who wants a set.

T
NYEdited by: GMC-2002-Dmax

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Nice tires for the price. You might want to take advantage of the fact that they're studdable. Your all terrains have the severe weather rating for ice and snow. The mud terrains don't. I know from experience that BFG all terrains run are much better in the snow than the BFG mud terrains. I couldn't stand the mud terrains for more than one winter and had to take them off.

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GMCTRUCK said:
Nice tires for the price. You might want to take advantage of the fact that they're studdable. Your all terrains have the severe weather rating for ice and snow. The mud terrains don't. I know from experience that BFG all terrains run are much better in the snow than the BFG mud terrains. I couldn't stand the mud terrains for more than one winter and had to take them off.

Nothing like ruining my day, LOL

I don't plow or go anywhere really bad now, but thanks for the heads up. I bought 'em cause I liked the tread design. I figured they would be good as my last plow truck had BFG MUD Terrains and were not a problem in the snow at all.

Maybe it was the sander and the extra weight that made them good,

They worked excellent for me.

Hey,

see ya Saturday???????????

T
NY

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Maybe the Pros will be better. I noticed from the pictures that they siped the center lugs which, will make them better in rain and snow. They are a good looking tire. Deal finder.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I never had a problem in the snow w/ BFG MTs. I did however get stuck in the snow w/ BFG ATs. I loved the BFG MTs, the second best tire that I have owned. The best was Dunlop Radial Rover RVs. Absolutly the best damn tire especially for the money.
I just purchased a set (6) of Michellin LTX M/S Commercial. I will let you know in a year what I think of 'em.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts