Diesel Place banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This summer while going on vacation this Pro-Comp AT with 25,000 miles had the tread come off and beat the hell out of the side of my truck. After the repair of the truck, the second Pro-Comp tire began to come apart (within 2 months of each other).

Buy the tires if you want, the 3 for 1 deal is a great buy. That is what I thought before I spent the last three months fixing my truck and getting my money back from this company.

Moral of the story:
1-Don't buy pro-comp anything.
2-Nor-Cal Trucks knows what they are doing and if they say they are going to do it,,,guess what it gets done... Thanks Nick and Jeff.

The first photo is the second tire.
The second photo is after Nor-Cal
The third is the first tire issue.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
That sucks man.

The buy 3 get one free is really no deal, they jack up the other 3 tire prices:mad:

You wont see these tires on anything i own.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Ive had the xtreme a/t's for about 7000 miles and they ride like crap and are the loudest all terrains ive ever owned! Ive had bfg's, nitto's and toyos. They all are a way better tires!

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
I thought there was a recall on some pro comps...stick with a known name brand, sometimes you do get what you pay for. We have pulled of a few sets at the dealer and won't use them anymore. thank god no one got hurt....

·
Registered
623 Posts
There was/is a recall on them ... I've had a set swaped out already.

·
Registered
383 Posts
That sucks man.

The buy 3 get one free is really no deal, they jack up the other 3 tire prices:mad:

You wont see these tires on anything i own.
your right, you think your getting a good deal.

·
Registered
622 Posts
never used the tires, but i like my lift by pro comp

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My DOT number was not in the recall.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Dad put 11,000K on his pro comp at's (35's) and they are seperating and ride like crap, is currently looking for new tires. Probablly going to go with Nitto Terra Grapplers

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
The Tera grapplers have served me well, great tire for the money and look great too!

·
Banned
2,194 Posts
33x12.50x17's for $800 is a good deal, but not if they fall apart. I'm glad I dont have mine mounted yet, but pissed off I can return them now after all these threads cause I bought them in May. They are made by cooper so its not like any of us went out buying XYZ company's tires. I'll just have to keep an eye on them when I run them, or keep them on the pulling truck. Hopefully theres a huge recall on them coming up. BTW I bought the Xtreme Mud terrains.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Ive had procomp extreme AT and procomp x terrains. I absolutely love the X terrains. Have never had a single problem with them, and have had 3 sets now(2 sets of 35s, one set of 37s). I have a set of xtreme ATs on my winter wheels and Im not impressed at all. Theyre supposed to last much longer than the xterrains, but Im not buying it. Last winter, I put about 16k miles on my ATs, and the tread is atleast 50% gone. I rarely spun the tires either. The x terrains usually last me about 40-45k miles, and that is with countless burnouts all over lapeer county, MI. I will definitely continue to run x terrains in the summer, but will never buy another set of xtreme ATs. Which is unfortunate, because they are awesome in the snow/ice. I just cant see replacing 4 tires every 30-35k miles after being easy on them.

·
Registered
964 Posts
almost 20k on my xtreme a/t's

Hope they dont fall apart!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Love my Nitto Terra Grappler ATs... Truck looks really good after the repairs

·
Registered
313 Posts
I'm on my 2'nd set of AT's no issues at all with the first set. Had 48K on them and decided to get new one's before the snow flies. Have only about 2K on my new set all is well with them so far.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Ive had procomp extreme AT and procomp x terrains. I absolutely love the X terrains. Have never had a single problem with them, and have had 3 sets now(2 sets of 35s, one set of 37s). I have a set of xtreme ATs on my winter wheels and Im not impressed at all. Theyre supposed to last much longer than the xterrains, but Im not buying it. Last winter, I put about 16k miles on my ATs, and the tread is atleast 50% gone. I rarely spun the tires either. The x terrains usually last me about 40-45k miles, and that is with countless burnouts all over lapeer county, MI. I will definitely continue to run x terrains in the summer, but will never buy another set of xtreme ATs. Which is unfortunate, because they are awesome in the snow/ice. I just cant see replacing 4 tires every 30-35k miles after being easy on them.
Either way, I wouldn't let pro comp see your avatar lol. My brother's AT's wore out way too quick on a Jeep Liberty....assurance that there was definately no tire spinning. Yep, crap.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I thought the 3 for 1 deal was good til I started doing price matching. Guess its just a sales ploy. Oh well, going another route any way now!

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Tim.....how many miles do you ahve on the Terra Grapplers?
about 16,000. They are my summer wheels and tire combo. I run BFG A/T's in the winter.;)

·
Registered
50 Posts
I also have the XAT's and I love them. Hopefully they wont lose tread though.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.