Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey out there, just getting ready to put on a 6" Pro Comp lift, and wanted to do the dual shock hoop with the basic Pro Comp reservoir shock (not mx6) in the front. While pricing them I've had 2 shops say that dual reservoirs would be a REALLY stiff ride. Who has them on thier HD, and how do you like em? Are they stiff, I thought they had a valve that you could adjust? Would I be better off to get the non- reservoir but adjustable pro comp shox? Help please......TIA:confused:

·
Registered
479 Posts
I have them and like them alot. I realize they are more for looks than anything else, but they ride alot better than I thought they would. The truck rides a bit better than it did factory with them on. It's not too stiff at all. I'm sure you could get the same ride from a single shock in the factory location, but what fun is that? :cool:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ABSOLUTELY NO FUN AT ALL!!! Thats what I'm talkin about!! If its the same ride I'm gonna spend the extra cash and go for double- thanks for the input. Any others?

·
Registered
808 Posts
If for some reason the dual is to stiff for your liking. You can drill a small hole in the back of one so it just sits there for looks. Kinda like a dummy shock.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have the MX6-R's the adjustable resevoir shocks and I love them I have them on a 2500HD DMAX 6" Pro Comp but you have to make sure they take out the stock location shock cause if you dont thats when it rides stiffer

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have duals up front with a pro-comp 6" kit and it rides as good as stock. I also have a Road Armor front bumper with a Warn 9.5ti so that weight may change things.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Here You Go

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts