Diesel Place banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I normally use FPPF. Thought I would try primrose 405 for a while. I used my FPPF ratio when filling my 50gal bed tank rather than the 405 ratio. I put about 5 times the recommended amount of 405 in the tank with 37 gals of fresh fuel. Think this will cause a problem? thanks. Edited by: Lakedaisy

·
Registered
394 Posts
There are some fellows who will remain anonymous who use a full bottle of Primrose 405 with each fillup...
And as previously mentioned, not cost effective but in now way harmful and certainly with a good system cleaning taking place..
Many folks do this as a normal course 'once in a while' just to do a system cleaning..
George Morrison
AV Lubricants Inc.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dam, I did something stupid and it turned out to be good. I'm headed back out to the garage and get the tool box out. Thanks for the replys.

Just checked my mileage. Went down from 16.5 to 15.2. Probably something to do with that edge/attitude I installed last month. Not only that but the remaining tread on the rear tires is noticably less than the front tires.

·
Registered
819 Posts
dmaxalliTech said:
should be good for another 50 hp

Only if you put the stiker on.

Lakedaisy, ss far as the treads, it might be pressure related as well. What are you running in the rears?

·
Registered
14,320 Posts
I add Primrose like i mix a salad. Usually 4 oz or better per tankfull. I stock it by the cases. If any of you So Cal guys need some i will sell it at near cost.

mike

·
Registered
511 Posts
Hey, I just bought some FPPF, cause it was at a local stop. Bottle says will treat 240 gal, this is a 8 oz. bottle, how much do I put in 26 gal of fuel? I was thinkin 2oz to be safe, but 1oz would prob. be enough?

·
Registered
653 Posts
1 oz treats 30 gallons; 1/2 oz treats 15 gallons; 3/4 oz treats 22 1/2 gallons.

·
Registered
511 Posts
One oz it is then--seems crazy that one little once can treat that much fuel! Guess thats why I asked.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Mike L.:

Sent you a PM. I'm out of Primrose. Will you be around this weekend? I wanna see your 'Max.

Rick

·
Registered
665 Posts
redneck45 said:
Hey, I just bought some FPPF, cause it was at a local stop. Bottle says will treat 240 gal, this is a 8 oz. bottle, how much do I put in 26 gal of fuel? I was thinkin 2oz to be safe, but 1oz would prob. be enough?

I use about 1 oz. per 7 gallons and sometimes a little extra.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts