Diesel Place banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
George Morrison:

I am going to be in Columbus this Sat. for Quarter Horse Cong. Is there any way I could pick up some Primrose? Where are you located?

Thanks

Poorloser

·
Registered
490 Posts
Dang, I was down at Congress last Monday. Forgot all about George being down in Columbus. Oh well, next time.

Hey, there is a big GMC dealer down there with somewhere around 50 Duramax trucks! Every size and flavor. I looked at a few, all are 2004's. He is to the west of the big practice ring.Edited by: Pick

·
Registered
55 Posts
Poorloser

I was passing through Columbus last week and called Miss Kay in the AvLube office before I arrived. She had my case of Primrose ready along with the billing receipt, (I gave her a billing number over the phone), and would have been out the door quickly if I hadn't sat down to listen to her stories about her dad bringing in Pennsylvania oil wells in the 1950's.

Super folks there.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I apologize for now having gotten back with you sooner as I have been out of town; you are probably in Columbus as I write this post and have no computer! Hopefully you have called the office and gotten things arranged... If anyone is in the Columbus, Ohio area AV will do whatever it takes to get whatever one needs to them! We have set cases of product on stumps along with receipts! At midngight! We subscribe to 'the golden rule: the person with the gold makes the rules..
George MorrisonEdited by: Georgecls

·
Registered
361 Posts
Is Primrose a de-emulsifier ?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Based on Georges position to emusify the water in diesel fuel I would think not!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Primrose is an emulsifying diesel fuel additive. Additionally, Primrose 405 contains detergency for our injectors, rust inhibitor, lubricity enhancer and increases cetane number 4 to 5 points (depending on fuel quality). At a treat rate of one to two ounces per tankful...
George

·
Registered
6 Posts
Is it ok to add Primrose 409 to fuel already treated at the pump.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Regarding "Is it ok to add Primrose 409 to fuel already treated at the pump?" We have not experienced any operational problems/incompatability issues with either Primrose 405 or 409 and pre-treated pump diesel fuels. Generally the pre-treat levels are at "just enough" levels for the anticipated temperatures and thus do not pose a significant chemical component. i.e. not a concern... But an excellent quetion..
George Morrison

·
Registered
209 Posts
Do Primrose 405 or 409 contain alcohol?

RickEdited by: Campfire_Rick

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
so what is the price and how much do you need per fill, dollars per tank
Edited by: fredw

·
Registered
209 Posts
Thanks George.

Rick

·
Registered
149 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
George thanks for your quick response.I think I may try some this winter.

·
Registered
432 Posts
So another dumb question, but I can't find either one here on the shelves to read the labels.

What is the difference in 405 and 409 and which one is better.

I live where the avg. temp is 60 and the low is 40 and the high is 100. Mostly dry with only rain on occassion, never any snow or ice, don't know what a block heater is and thought they gave me a 'Bra" for my truck when I found the "winter front" under the back seat LOL ha ha ha

I bought the FFFFFFFFPPPPPPPP concentrate stuff last time and about out, so need to replace it. Sounds like the Primrose stuff is better, but which one 405 or 409?

I will look for it the next time I am near a truck stop.

Thanks

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
One is performance based (405) and the other is a winter based treatment (409). Both have the lubricity enhancers and emulsifying agents.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Thanks Hoot, will be looking for the 405 around here.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts