Diesel Place banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have looked on the net for prices on the Allison Spin on filters and for replacement fuel filters.

The best prices I have found are from www.gmdieseltech.com and are as follows:

Allison spin on tranny filter $10.00
Fram Dual Pleat Fuel Filter $30.00

Anyone know of better prices anywhere or is this average for these products. I plan to buy quite a few to keep on hand, and to save on shipping in the future.

Thanks Guys!!

Bertman911

·
Registered
103 Posts
Better stay away from fram, do search

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
Why not just buy them from gmdieseltech? Eric is a hell of a guy, quick shipping and guaranteed not to have problems. Do you think you would be further ahead if you found them for $9?

You can't go wrong with www.gmdieseltech.com

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not a matter of saving a dollar here or there, but more of making sure the brands are good and the prices are where they should be. Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
448 Posts
I have an Allison/Mack dealer within a mile of the house. :cool: Genuine spin-on's $7.48 or something...

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Better stay away from fram, do search
He's talking about the fuel filter, and from what I've read, ALL the fuel filters for the Duramax are made by Racor. EVEN the Fram.

·
Premium Member
20,556 Posts
get it all from Eric!!

·
Registered
816 Posts

·
Registered
6,361 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
Support the vendors, become a part of something bigger than yourself! :)

A hard working group.
Well put. The supporting vendors are some of the best and they work their buts off to keep us happy.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Just bought a couple of fuel filters from Eric www.gmdieseltech.com Good price.

Forgot to order the Allison spin-on and so stopped by the local dealer to pick it up - $30 :eek: That's 3 times what Eric sells them for as I recall!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I hear what ya'll are saying. I did look at www.fleetfilter.com and their prices are good. Just unsure about the name brand WIX. Any comment. GMDIESELTECH.COM is sounding pretty good. Sounds like everyone here is happy with them.

Thanks for the info everyone!!

·
Banned
6,537 Posts
One thing you can count on with most of the supporting vendors here (the ones you see posting a lot). They won't sell you the cheap stuff. You won't find a Fram oil filter for example. They have the patience to put up with people like me :) who have no mercy.

·
Registered
153 Posts
wix is good for oil filters. The wix like all fuel filters is made by racor. I am unsure of the wix spin on tranny filter. I have never personally seen one since all I use is the allison filter. I know napa gold line filters are supposed to be wix filters and have heard from some that they holes on the napa ones get partially blocked by the magnet that goes on the spin on. That is definatly not a good thing.
Stick with the allison spin on filter. By what ever fuel filter you want. They are all made by racor. Use what ever oil filter makes you happy. Fram oil filters are junk. I use ac delco because it is a good filter and factory original equipment. Dealership can't complain about running it if any warranty issues. I do have a mobile one oil filter in the garage for my next oil change because I have heard that it is the best oil filter available. I just changed my oil a couple weeks ago though so I won't be using it for awhile.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts