Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Sounds like a factory ringer just like the first 6.0s.

·
Registered
524 Posts
who woulda thunk it?

·
Premium Member
4,986 Posts
Wow! That explains why it powered up that hill faster than DMax and Dodge...lol

·
Registered
290 Posts
Load of Crap

I think that is a load of crap. It is funny that they don't show the actual computer screen with results. I don't think it is true, but if it is the dmax is in trouble. As for out pulling, I would like to see the ferd out pull the dmax.

·
Registered
45 Posts
don't worry bout them ferds...i think its funny that they had to put on twin turbos just to get ahead of chevy...pretty sad if you ask me...:D

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
Doesnt equate,not after all the parasitic loss.It's only rated for 650 in the first place.And Not at the wheels either!

·
Registered
290 Posts
LBZ dyno

Does any one have dyno results of a stock LBZ? I have found a site that had a stock 04 dmax and it was pushing a over 550ftlbs. So that would mean the the LBZ should be up in the 600ftlb range.

·
Registered
795 Posts
loss of only 30 at the wheels, I think i need a tqshift and all the running gear a ford has. TYPO more like 530 at the wheels

·
Registered
15,713 Posts
Did anyone notice that the Chevy it went up against is an 02 or older. Look at the front end in the clip. Wow Ford picks an old Chevy to showcase the new and all powerful Super Choke. Best in class my a$$.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I remember in the DP Mag they had a article in their about the lbz and six speel ali. In their they showed the new setup putting down 83% ( my fig from the #'s ) of what the engine was producing. I don't think the TQShift is built like the Allison. That number is probably a misprint like when they do a non apples to apples test of all three in these type mags. they always screw up when it comes to GM!! I THINK THEIR IS MONEY UNDER THE TABLE!! Like the year toyota was the truck of the year it couldnt haul or pull like the others with only a 4.7.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Ummmmmmmmm.

274hp to the ground

STOCK LBZ.....305-315whp...

Enough said

No way could torque be that high......if it's down 40 whp, im sure its down at least that much on torque since horsepower is a function of torque multiplied by RPM (or the amount of work done)

All hype.......the thing will get it's ass kicked by a stock LBZ....TRUST me. Those dyno "results" prove it!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
"It appears that ford definately has some big $ tied up in DP mag."

thats what i was thinkin, but on the other hand, DP mag seems to try to cater to all three manufactuers (they have said some pretty good things about the DMAX), for no other reason it makes good business sense to do so.( more readers)

Factory ringer from ford? that sure didnt help ford with the 6.0, why try it again?

Typo? who's their editor, i need a job.

Is the 6.4 on sale to the public yet?

Just bein the devils advocate...

·
Registered
94 Posts
In the end it is still an ugly truck in my eyes....

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
That dyno was messed up apparently.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts