Diesel Place banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching Trucks the other day on t.v. and that Stacy guy did a bully dog show. one of the things he did was replace the stock pressure valves in the valve body with bully dog ones....i was wondering if this was a good upgrade or if there is something else out there that is better(is it worth doing?)...I'm no serious wrench head...but that looks like somthing i could do.
thanks ya'll!

oh yeah, at the end of the show he pulled 130,000 lbs.:eek:
(with other performance upgrades)

·
Registered
410 Posts
I was watching Trucks the other day on t.v. and that Stacy guy did a bully dog show. one of the things he did was replace the stock pressure valves in the valve body with bully dog ones....i was wondering if this was a good upgrade or if there is something else out there that is better(is it worth doing?)...I'm no serious wrench head...but that looks like somthing i could do.
thanks ya'll!

oh yeah, at the end of the show he pulled 130,000 lbs.:eek:
(with other performance upgrades)
Save your Money and just do the whole Trans. There's another thread talkin about the Bully-Dog shift Enhancer:badidea:

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
Search the phrase "take a 100$ bill and throw it out the window" or garbage, junk, worthless ect in this forum and you should find a few threads disscussing what people say about the bullydog valve. ;) :lol:

Bottom line....dont do much, not a real mod

·
Registered
11,955 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Search the phrase "take a 100$ bill and throw it out the window" or garbage, junk, worthless ect in this forum and you should find a few threads disscussing what people say about the bullydog valve. ;) :lol:
Caution: searching for the suggested items above may result in posts about Banks products!!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for all the suggestions guys!
how much is the transgo setup?

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
270 bucks IIRC

You have to go into the trans. to intall. You can't just drop the pan and pop the kit in.

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
Transgo kit is about 200$ or so IIRC......but you should do a converter too at that time.....plus if your paying someone else to do it the trans has to come down and apart.

·
Registered
407 Posts
You Guys Are So Hard On The Shift Enhancer. It Does Firm Up The Shifts,but As I Found Out It Doesn't Really Let The Tranny Hold Anymore Power.i Went To A Stage 3 (basically) With The Transgo And A Converter.

·
Registered
16,971 Posts
You Guys Are So Hard On The Shift Enhancer. It Does Firm Up The Shifts,but As I Found Out It Doesn't Really Let The Tranny Hold Anymore Power.i Went To A Stage 3 (basically) With The Transgo And A Converter.
That is because if you are going to do the upgrade might as well spend the money and do it right. That enhancer will technically do nothing for you in holding power and longevity of the transmission. The only thing that will is a total upgrade.

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
So we are hard on a product that you say does nothing to increase holding capacity of the trans?

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
The only thing the bullydog "upgrade" is good for is a false sense of security. Installing their product actually makes the persons' trans. limp faster, because they make you think it will hold more, then they commence to beating on it thinking it will hold:badidea:

·
Registered
306 Posts
valves

Kudos to Gil Younger and the guys at TRANSGO.

The SK Allison -JR shift kit from Transgo for the 6 speed is now available.
This kit is designed for the Allison 6 speed behind the LBZ engine for 2006.
"Sk Allison-Jr installs from the bottom without trans removal. Install it before adding horsepower to prevent internal damage."

Commentary:Installation of this kit will not take the transmission to the equivalent of a Level III, IV, or V upgrade, however it will be BIG improvement over factory and may curtail the need for more expensive modifications.
This kit will deliver a huge return on investment.

Now available from Sun Coast.
Smoop:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts