Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is anyone running one of these,how do they work and is it worth the money for more power

who makes them and how much?

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
As far as i know there are only 2, Van Akken makes one and the other is the Duramaximizer. All it does is raise your fuel rail pressure, hence giving more hp. As far as stacking with your edge, it will give you more hp, but if hp is the game i think you would be better off getting a programmer or a pcm to stack with your edge. If you go any of these routes, you better pony up for the tranny first, as your gonna kick the sh!t out of a stock ally.
Edited by: heartbeatcanada

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I have a Duramaximizer, I would run a Box/Programmer any day of the week before a pressure box. I only use it for competition. Dynoing, sled pulling, and drag racing. As it makes the engine rattle more and makes the idle kind of funny.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Really? PPE claims it doesn't make any noise different from stock, they claim it as one of their selling features. I'm picking mine up on Saturday, will be stacked with the Juice. If you set the level to 0 does it actually run like stock or does it still increase pressure a bit?

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
On my truck it increases idle noise and throughout the rpm band. When turned all the way down it is off and runs and sounds completely stock.

·
Vendor
9,678 Posts
The VA seems to work better with some setups, but YES, if you whack it it will make more noise either way.

I have the Duramaximizer on at the present time (good for about 70 REAL HP alone) since it is a PITA to R&R...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts