Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think the numbers for a hot lly will be? Just curious. I just got rid of a 2003 cummins with 520 rwhp. Why, because she ate to motors in the process. Truck only had 37000 miles on it. Did everything possible to prevent this type of crap but I couldn't get the newest cummins to stay together.

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
Too soon to tell..........

Guessing an extra 100-150HP will come easy...after that anyone's guess.

T
NYEdited by: GMC-2002-Dmax

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
With in the capibilities of the current Allison stock ,some where in the 325/350 RWHP safe range .....

Build the Allison ,that's a different story ....

Bottom line is you have one fine COMPLETE truck .... The Duramax has proven to be a worthy contender along with a medium duty stout Allison transmission ....
Fit finish ride quality is second to none in Light Duty trucks ....

Ease the seat back ,enjoy the ride and welcome to the forum .....

Mac

·
Registered
274 Posts
I understand the Turbo on the LLY is Bigger than the old LB7. It sure spools up quicker, and taking out the Cat only made it better!

I hope they will put it to good use...

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
performance is market driven and fueled by dollar$........how fast you want to go is often answered by how much are you willing to $pend over and above the initial purchase price

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
sdaver said:
performance is market driven and fueled by dollar$........how fast you want to go is often answered by how much are you willing to $pend over and above the initial purchase price

BOY IS THAT EVER SO TRUE!!!!!!

MY CHECK BOOK HAS TAKEN A BEATING IN THE PAST YEAR OR SO

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Power is not that hard to make on the LLY. What's hard is to make power and not break things. We have completed the economy and towing programming and are waiting for some warm weather to finialize our testing. Once completed we will upgrade the transmission and put the Race level of performance into the test truck and see where we end up. The transmission changes made for the LLY engine were very minor and GM has already used up most of the reserve in the transmission with the added power output. So it will need the transmission upgrade if your looking to add more than 60 RwHp. The new turbo allows for more low end torque and that's what makes the problems for the transmission. If your just looking for high RPM Hp you could add more power but if you bring up the low end the tranmission just doesn't stand a chance of living.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts