Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have not seen any comments on the Predator. They good or bad or are they in the same bracket as the PUP-QUAD-XCELATOR

Geno

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Since the bugs, I had, have been worked out I've been happy with mine. I did notice the other day that the "grade braking" isn't working. Not sure if the Predator is the cause or not. Anyone else notice this?

·
Registered
958 Posts
For what it's worht I noticed that my compression braking is much reduced with the Edge Juice/Attitude, too. Must be the timing.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
HUH ??

Grade braking is a Allison feature activated in Tow Haul mode ....

Mac

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
Camstyn said:
For what it's worht I noticed that my compression braking is much reduced with the Edge Juice/Attitude, too. Must be the timing.

Ditto on that. I have several customers who tow a lot and complained of the same thing. They also claim the allison doesn't downshift as soon. I noticed this a bit my self but I haven't towed much without the juice.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Mackin said:
HUH ??

Mac

I agree that it is an Allison feature but, isn't it "always on"? Tow Haul or not?

·
Registered
958 Posts
Mackin said:
HUH ??

Mac

Downshifting with a standard tranny does the same thing. Possibly to a greater extent since the clutch is either engaged or disengaged, no slipping like a torque converter. I noticed that with each level higher, downshifting is less and less effective for slowing the truck down.

·
Banned
2,067 Posts
Are we talking about two different things here?

1. Grade breaking feature when tow haul is selected.

2. General loss of engine back pressure due to recalibrated PCM.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Grade braking works in both mods .... It is most definately noticable in T/H ...

#2 You got me there ,have no clue what your refferancing ...

I have no idea how a program will effect TCM grade braking feature ... If anything a reset of memory may help ...Maybe someone can elaborate what they were told ....

My paticular Grade Braking in T/H works exceptionally well sometimes I find it a nusiance it works so well ...

Just a quick tap of the brakes is all it takes to engage ...

Mac

·
Banned
2,067 Posts
One of the above post was refering to diminished grade breaking with a manual transmission. Obviously there in no " tow haul" mode involved.

Lets say you have a manual or Allison that is not locked in tow haul. You pull the shift lever down one gear or manually down shift one gear. Would the amount of resistance " back pressure" be any less when running a downloader or module?

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dam guys I just ask about a Predator. Guess Ill go to Oil Burners maybe someone over there has/is running one.

Geno

·
Registered
286 Posts
I also was interested in info about the predator, I guess this thread has been Place Slapped.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Geno

The Predator just isn't that popu;ar do to the fact once purchased ,you own it .... It marries your vin ..

Rumor has it that Diablo will erase but for a fee ...

FWIW as a cheap tune with diagnose capibilites with real time data reading it isn't bad .... If they could only read and erase TCM codes it would be the bomb really ...

Mac

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mack

who is working on the T.C.M. tunner

Geno

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
Geno, BD power is releasing some kind of box that works in conjunction with the TCM. It will allow you to adjust shift points, remove speed limiter and a few other features. All for one rock bottom price of $500.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks Max

Probably better to ad a few more $ and go with the TransGo Huh

Geno

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
The BD power box will not replace the transgo in any way. If your looking for an electronic substitute for the transgo your only option would be ATS' co-pilot.

The BD box doesn't add any holding power at all as far as I know.Edited by: Max Power

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Geno, I have had my Predator for almost a year now and I like it. I have pretty much always been happy with it. It did start acting up with the freezing deal with 01 trucks, but I was sent several custom tunes that eliminated the problem. The problem was with the 1.04 version and earlier tuners. I dont know what they are at now though, 1.10 or higher I think. I like having it just for diagnostics and codes and for checking balance rates. For the price ya cant beat it really.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Max Power said:
The BD power box will not replace the transgo in any way. If your looking for an electronic substitute for the transgo your only option would be ATS' co-pilot.

The BD box doesn't add any holding power at all as far as I know.

What I am really lookin for is a cure for the defueling prob.

Geno

1 - 20 of 37 Posts