Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am thinking of a small to moderate tune, looking at the Predator 40 -65 tunes.
Those of you out there that run Predator what are your opinions of the system/ like? dsislike?
Thanks, Merle

·
Registered
419 Posts
80K10/6.5TD,
Our customers have really like the predator programmers due to having much more than just adding power to the truck. Being able to diagnose codes and set other parameters makes it an awesome tool for your performance at what ever level you want.

You can even download the free software from Diablo and view your information right in the comfort of your home with your PC.

We think its a good choice! :)

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
I am very happy with mine. I have NEVER went over 85HP on mine I usually leave it at 40HP because I can't afford a tranny right now.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
80K10/6.5TD,
Our customers have really like the predator programmers due to having much more than just adding power to the truck. Being able to diagnose codes and set other parameters makes it an awesome tool for your performance at what ever level you want.

You can even download the free software from Diablo and view your information right in the comfort of your home with your PC.

We think its a good choice! :)
What software and what information?

I like the my predator. But you will need to get an EGT gauge to watch the temps...they can climb fast:eek: .

·
Registered
241 Posts
got mine today actually, and love it. i'm running at 85 right now but plan on lowereing to 60 when the new wears off!!

·
Registered
368 Posts
got mine today actually, and love it. i'm running at 85 right now but plan on lowereing to 60 when the new wears off!!
lowering DOES NOT work!!!

·
Registered
802 Posts
:muahaha: you will seeeeee :muahaha:

·
Registered
419 Posts
Ok to clear up the post I made about software for your PC. It seems that the software information that was forwarded to me will only work with Ford products right now.

Sorry for any confusion, but I was given wrong information.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I've had a Predator for the past year or so. Love it. 90% of the time, I've had it at 65HP, but last week I raised it to 85HP. Don't know if I'll stay there long. As someone earlier said, I can't afford a new tranny right now. (Just closed today on a construction loan for our 5500sqft log house!)

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
I loaded the 120 tune "just to see" 15k (Miles) later I was having the tranny rebuilt....:ro)

·
Registered
317 Posts
My dad runs a Predator on his '02 with no other mods. Daily driving, the 65hp setting is great. For pulling his 5-er, he uses the 40hp tune. He says it's more than money well spent.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I keep mine on the 40hp tune. Very happy with it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
All this tranny upgrade talk is confusing. Some say stock alli is good to 90hp over. Some say look out at 85hp with predator. Are we talking towing in these tunes or just daily driving ?

·
Registered
241 Posts
my predator will slip my clutch in my 6 -speed manual if i get on the throttle in 5 or 6 gear in the 85 HP mode. The 60 HP setting has yet to slip in any gear. of course this is with the OEM duel mass flywheel junk.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have the predator stacked with the Edge on level 5/5. the predetor is set to the 40 hp tune. the truck likes that setting the best. I tried the 85 hp tune, but it didnt feel like the engine liked it to much. the best thing about the predator is the fact that you can see what is going on with the engine when you come across a problem.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts