Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if you can tell which version of the Predator it is without installing it? The wife was going to take me to Summit and buy me one tonight but I don't want to get an older version. I was hoping there would be a sticker on the case.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I checked the hand-held unit and the box for you and could not find any label indicating the version number of the software installed (at least on mine). The only sticker on both the box and hand-held unit indicated it was for a Duramax.

If you plug it into the test port on the truck, when it powers up it displays the version number. You do not have to download the tunes to the ECM to obtain this info.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,

It's to late tonight but there's always tomorrow morning!! I'll have to ask them if I can return it if it is not the latest program, as long as I don't marry it to the vehicle.

·
Registered
817 Posts
What is the latest and greatest Predator version number? I have a 1.08 I think. The next one or two were only for 03 issues as I recall. Anyone?

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
1.11, Takes care of the surge and SES light that some CA. trucks had. I don't know if they ran it on NON-CA trucks or not.

·
Registered
12,004 Posts
WanaDmxsub said:
1.11, Takes care of the surge and SES light that some CA. trucks had. I don't know if they ran it on NON-CA trucks or not.

I have 40 and 65 Hp tunes of this latest version. The pedal is still very touchy. They run like hell, but are pretty hard to controll in traffic. Im back at stock.

The truck is not a CA truck.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Mine is a CA truck. I ran the 65 that Johan sent me for about a month. No SES and no surge. Just got my “tool” back last week (finally) with the 1.11 version. Went straight to the 85 tune. No SES and no surge. To me the pedal is very responsive and I have no trouble with it in traffic. It smokes a little more than I like but I’m learning just how much pedal I can give it with out smoking someone out accidentally or how much to give when some needs to catch a whiff of diesel. The 65 tune only smoked when I was WOT.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts