Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running v1.07 on a 2004 D/A (California model) and I am receiving the infamous overboost error codes. I contacted RunninWithTheDevil and James asked me to download the map file for my computer and send it to him. I also contacted Diablo directly and spoke with Nick Spinelli on the subject.

I haven't heard anything from James at Runnin, but I called Nick and he told me that they still see the problem from time to time on '03 and '04 models. Nick said it would probably be awhile before we will see any updates to this issue. He did say he has some '04s lined up to come in so they can test solutions, but he wouldn't commit to a time when it would resolved.

I am also unable to get in a remove the speed limiter, adjust for tire sizes, etc... I get a Table Modify error when it tries to allow me to do this. I told Nick of this and he said they will address it when the get around to it.

This is just a simple FYI for anyone considering purchasing a new Pred or to send theirs in for an update. I have run it on the 40 and 65HP tunes and it seems to run fine. The 65HP tune seems to shift funny, but I haven't put more than 50-60 miles on it since the tune so it might take awhile for the tranny to catch up to the change. I'll keep all informed.

GregEdited by: GassedRacing

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
For those of you that cant read over at TDP. I got Predator ver 1.08 and it sets codes as fast as I can erase them. Dont buy a Predator, if I could trade mine for an Attitude I would in a flash.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I'm running the 1.07 Predator on a 2002 6-speed. No overboost codes or anything like that.

I do however have some difficulty downloading. Probably 50% of the time, it'll stop during a download and give me a "Script Interpreter Error", whatever that is. Generally it works fine when I retry it. Once it just completely froze up during a download, didn't give any error at all and wouldn't respond to the keyboard.

Sometimes after getting one of these errors the unit can no longer communicate with the truck, claiming it has no VIN. The truck won't start when it's in this state. But, by unplugging and plugging the Predator back in, it goes into a recovery mode and reloads the factory tune and then it all works again. Scary though.

It did all these things when it was 1.04 as well.

Seems to work okay though. No smoke off idle no matter how much throttle you give it, but you can definitely make it smoke for a small window, say 1500 to 1700rpm, where apparently it's allowing you to overfuel the motor but the boost hasn't kicked in yet. Then the boost comes in and the truck takes off and of course it cleans out.

Takes a little getting used to that surge of power as the boost comes on, I'm having to modify the way I drive it in order to run up through the gears smoothly. I abandoned the upper two tune levels because it was just too much to manage in any kind of a smooth manner. I've more or less settling on the 65hp tune and I'm getting better at it. Damn thing goes like stink for as big as it is (crew cab long bed 4x4).

EGT's are definitely better than before and don't seem bad to me. But I have yet to point it up a hill with a big trailer in tow since I got the update. I'm sure I could get it hot but then again I suspect I could manage it easily and still have lots of power.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts