Diesel Place banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the tow tune give more low end torque for towing? I mean down lower in the RPM range? I run taller tires so I would like to keep the torque down low in the RPM's.
Also will I see much less MPG's, or will it be unnoticeable.

·
Registered
11,311 Posts
If anything, your mileage will increase, as with most programmers. The higher the tune, the better the mileage, generally.

The Predator tow tune adds 40 h.p. and 100 ft lbs tq...You'll certainly feel it.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
The Predator is a very good tuner. I had one and loved it I just wanted to step up to the next level. The Predator adds allot of torque at the bottom, great for towing. As a matter of fact all the levels come on very quick at a low RPM.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I just got my Predator a week ago. I tried it on the tow tune first because I thought I might just let it there so I didn't have to change it when I needed to tow. I could tell a difference but for daily driving I jumped it to the 65 hp level. Mileage wise on the tow tune I stayed about even with stock, on 65 I think I will be gaining a mile or two. Although this is a poor time of year to tell if a tuner is making a mileage difference. I have yet to tow with the truck since I added the Predator but I think it will make a difference and should hopefully pick up the mileage while towing. For daily driving though I will be keeping it on 65 hp.

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
Like said above this is the wrong time of year to see any kind if milage increase. You will notice the power difference however. I have found the best modification for fuel milage is your right foot.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the great input. I have tried it on tow and 65HP and you guys are right, low end torque seems about the same. As far as mileage goes, I really can't tell much.
I'm afraid if I try the 85hp I may be hooked. I have 35's and stock gearing, so at frwy speeds I only tach about 1600 RPM at 72 MPH. Thats why I wondered about the low end issue.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
IMHO, Predator has more low end tq than The EVO or the Max Energy!

·
Registered
11,311 Posts
IMHO, Predator has more low end tq than The EVO or the Max Energy!
Thats what I thought too untill I logged some miles on the max energy. Predator's just comes on sooner...Hypertech felt a little more potent down low once it got wound up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts