Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I HAVE HAD THE PREDATOR FOR ABOUT A YEAR NOW ,HAD NO PROBLEMS WITH IT AT ALL,RUN IN 65 OR 85 HP MOST THE TIME,I WAS THINKING ABOUT GETTING THE JUICE/ATT, ----ANYBODY HAD THE PREDATOR THEN GOT THE JUICE/ATT AND CAN TELL ME ON A 1 TO 10 SCALE HOW MUCH FASTER THE JUICE/ATT SET UP IS OVER THE PREDATOR OR IS THERE NOT THAT MUCH DIFFERENCE,THANKS FOR YOUR HELP,MIKE

·
Registered
113 Posts
On my '04 I had nothing but problems with the Predator. I worked directly with Diablosport to get a tune (65hp) that worked well with the truck. Finally got a tune that didn't throw error codes. It was just like everyone on this group describes, noisy, and seemed to leap at about 1800 RPM. I also noticed A LOT of soot in my banks tailpipe and I would see a lot of smoke out of it. I have a CA version so I'd imagine the EGR isn't helping anything...

Then, I went to the Juice/Att combo. What a freakin difference! Smooth as glass on all tunes. I wouldn't say it is faster than the Predator on an equivalent tune, but you an tell it does something better. Personally, I love the fact that I can controls the fueling options and adjust the tune for the current situation/race. I drive on the highway alot and with the Juice/Att, I find myself backing it down on the highway for better economy. Oh yeah, economy, I'm getting roughly 1-2mpg better with the Juice and I'm driving it harder than with the Predator.

Basically it comes down to $$$. If you have it and you want to spend it, I'd say money worth spent. If you are unsure and you are pleased with the predator, stick with it.

I still use my predator to adjust for tire sizes and for diagnostics.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
firelt,

We get the same response from customers all the time, they basically have the same words that gasser had. The Edge with Attitude is just the most overall best product for the Duramax. If you have any questions give us a call and we will help you out.

Mark @ DPPI

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
night and day

·
Registered
163 Posts
I'm completely in love w/ my edge juice/att setup. I'm still wanting more power so I dont' know if I want to just add propane or maybe the hot juice. I'm up in the air on that one. I'm just tryin to figure out what I can do as far as a tranny upgrade. I really don't want to put 4 or 5000 in a tranny. I have been reading on the transgo and a new converter...... I'm only wanting 450-500hp so I'm hoping I don't have to do a major tranny upgrade. is 450-500hp to much for the transgo and a good converter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts