Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does 85 and 120 hp translate to 1/4 mi times on lbz?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats a start,start start,I hope I learn more,more,more.from this place,place place,so I can pass it on,on,on!!!!!

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
I have no experience with the predator and haven't seen any feedback on track times from them, but I would guess you should be able to get high-mid 14s with the 85 hp tune and mid-low 14s with the 120 hp tune. With excellent track prep and the truck set up just right, you might be able to squeeze out a high 13 second pass, but that is just speculation. I haven't seen anything to back up that claim. Get it to the track and let us know for sure. It really depends on your truck configuration. Fill out your sig so we know what you're running. A 4wd RC will be quite a bit quicker than a 2wd CC/LB. Stock LBZs run mid-low 15s bone stock.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Predator runs some high egt's, 85-120 can reach 2000+ easy, so be careful.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
i will add another What?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Mine ran High 13s with either the Predator or the Bully dog. They were almost equal times. I only ran them on high though.

·
Registered
217 Posts
High EGT

03LB-7dmax;1594144; said:
Predator runs some high egt's, 85-120 can reach 2000+ easy, so be careful.
Does to boost controler help with EGT. I herd that it will lower them. Do it work like dat?

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
03lb-7dmax;1594144; said:
predator runs some high egt's, 85-120 can reach 2000+ easy, so be careful.
i would think 2k would turn your turbo into a puddle of melted steel....at least get it red hot...so yeah...i am gonna go with yet another WHAT??

·
Registered
371 Posts
hemisareslow;1594403; said:
i would think 2k would turn your turbo into a puddle of melted steel....at least get it red hot...so yeah...i am gonna go with yet another WHAT??

Ya another what here lol, if that was the case myself and several others would be fililng lawsuits against diablo for melting our rigs down. No off the shelf tuner with mild tunes is gonna hit 2000* or else my truck would be dead and buried by now. I ran the 1/4 several times on the 120 tune completly stock except for the tuner ran a 14.1 @ 94mph.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
ask "wandmaxsub" about high egt.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have the LLY engine and feel that my truck is more the 16 sec. then 15 sec.
I 'm getting the Predator so I wonder what times my will be

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
chow2141;1595134; said:
I have the LLY engine and feel that my truck is more the 16 sec. then 15 sec.
I 'm getting the Predator so I wonder what times my will be
Completely stock my truck ran a best of 15.7 @ I think 85 mph. I'd have to take a look at my time slips to be sure.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
hemisareslow;1594403; said:

Guys, come on........Ask these guys who drag there dmax's what they are running for egt's, I know last year,"Duratys" was running 2200* I have hit 2k before, But not for long....5sec, that does not have enough time to melt ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Acoombs;1595054; said:
Ya another what here lol, if that was the case myself and several others would be fililng lawsuits against diablo for melting our rigs down. No off the shelf tuner with mild tunes is gonna hit 2000* or else my truck would be dead and buried by now. I ran the 1/4 several times on the 120 tune completly stock except for the tuner ran a 14.1 @ 94mph.
Just wait until u get a egt gauge, you will....:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: your pants how hot they get.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Mine only hits 1350 in the quarter. Hope my guage is'nt off.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
LWATSON;1595705; said:
Mine only hits 1350 in the quarter. Hope my guage is'nt off.
Thats perty low, mabe its not a heavy fueler like the lb-7.

·
Registered
371 Posts
03LB-7dmax;1595693; said:
Just wait until u get a egt gauge, you will....:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: your pants how hot they get.

I have gauges and i have never seen past 1650* and thats with the ppe hot +2 w/ the pred I see at the highest now 1250. The 120 is a mild tune to hit 2000*.

·
Registered
371 Posts
03LB-7dmax;1595683; said:
Guys, come on........Ask these guys who drag there dmax's what they are running for egt's, I know last year,"Duratys" was running 2200* I have hit 2k before, But not for long....5sec, that does not have enough time to melt ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!
These guys are running huge tunes not some mild $300 off the shelf tuner.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts