Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed the Predator on the 65 setting. The rear fender and bumper are black. Would the 40 setting produce less soot? Love the power, but I don't want to drive around all the time with a black fender.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
With the Predator 65 tune, I get the best black cloud getting on it ftom a stop...):h

·
Registered
401 Posts
boost stick=less smoke

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
367 Posts
Is your EGR unplugged or blocked? If not, do one or the other and the soot will be greatly reduced.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
With the Predator 65 tune, I get the best black cloud getting on it ftom a stop...):h
Try, it on 120 hp:eek: from a stop will smoke as long as you got your foot in it!!!

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
LLY Predator only goes to 100. I just put the 85 in Friday night, so we'll see how that goes. See if I can NOT limp my Allison....

·
Registered
262 Posts
Mine held on 85 for a while but I finnaly got it yesterday. 5th gear running down the highway just wanted to open her up and that was all it took.

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
I run the 65 hp setting, and mine smoked more on Version 2.0. Since upgrading to 2.02, the smoke is pretty much gone, but the "get up and go" is 'way better.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, after a couple of tanks the soot is a lot better, so either as the transmission learns it's shift points, it smokes less, or as I drive it more I drive it different.

·
Registered
262 Posts
On 85 you'll learn to drive different or learn to get off of your pocketbook. But thats just my personal findings:ro)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Is your EGR unplugged or blocked? If not, do one or the other and the soot will be greatly reduced.
Here's the winner. I disabled the EGR diagnostics, and unplugged the EGR. Smoke has been eliminated, except when I really get on it. Truck is a Cali truck, but so far, after three days, and numerous starts, no CEL.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Here's the winner. I disabled the EGR diagnostics, and unplugged the EGR. Smoke has been eliminated, except when I really get on it. Truck is a Cali truck, but so far, after three days, and numerous starts, no CEL.
Cool. That's what worked for me. Kennedy gave me the tip when mine was smoking bad.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Can you explain why that is? I'm not up to speed on this as much as I'd like to be.

Thanks...

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Still no CEL ??? The reason I ask is:

1) EGR diagnostics turned off with Predator
2) my EGR is blocked
2) unplugged EGR
3) got CEL

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I got the CEL.
I had the EGR unplugged, and the diagnostics turned off for the EGR with the Predator. Drove it that way for about three days, with approx 15 starts, and the CEL came on.
I need to get a finger stick. I was told that on a CA truck, I would get the CEL without a fingerstick, because the lack of flow through the EGR would trigger it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts