Diesel Place banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do i have to pull my fuses every time i change the tunes? if i want to go from the 65 back to the 40 to tow do i need to remove them or is that only for the first time its loaded in?

also, how accurate is the speedo correction since they ask for actual tire size rather than what the tire height in inches is? i put in my tire size 295-75-16 and it feels like im flying when im running 60. feels more like 70.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Do i have to pull my fuses every time i change the tunes? if i want to go from the 65 back to the 40 to tow do i need to remove them or is that only for the first time its loaded in?
I don't pull my fuses and so far I have had no problems as a result. I don't have DIC or OnStar though. I don't know if that makes a difference or not. I have heeard that if you have onstar you need to pull the fuses but I can't vewrify that.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts

also, how accurate is the speedo correction since they ask for actual tire size rather than what the tire height in inches is? i put in my tire size 295-75-16 and it feels like im flying when im running 60. feels more like 70.
I highly recommend pulling the fuses. You may be able to get away with not pulling them but just to be safe pull them. Nothing worse than a ECM that isn't able to function.

What RPM's are you running when doing 60mph. You should be just under 2000rpms at 65mph.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I never pulled the fuses when I retuned but when I was trying to upload the new 2.02 my stepdad opened my door halfway during the tune write and it screwed up my ECM. I had to pull it and send it back to Predator for them to return to stock.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
never pulled fuses, no problems. Speedo correction never got me closer than within 5 miles per hour.

·
Registered
10,556 Posts
Also some aftermarket electronic stuff will mess it up. My pac-12 did.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im turning about 2150 at 65. it must be way off. im lucky i havent gotten a ticket. i thought it was off.

whats is a pac 12? a radio adapter? I have a pac adapter in mine so i better pull the fuses everytime

·
Registered
10,556 Posts
Yes it is a radio adapter and I unplug it to do the Predator.

·
Registered
75 Posts
It takes all of about 30 sec. to pull the fuses. Why not just do it, and be safe.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I don't have onstar therefore I don't pull any fuses. I make sure the radio and vent controls are off. Also pull my cig lighter for my cell phone and radar detector to ensure no other draws on power. So far everything has been perfect.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Pull the fuses, unplug and turn everything off>>No problems here.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
For my 05...

From pulling the INFO fuse, I lost my Onstar minutes because they are installed in the truck... now I pull three fuses and leave the INFO fuse in. Onstar gave them back but I'm not calling them back again....

Pull out you accessories out of you lighter, Shut off heater fan, radio, dome light etc.. put down the drivers window, plug in the OB-II port and put it on the seat. pull the hood latch and close the doors.

Do all you programing from out side the truck.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well i dont have onstar but i guess i'll pull the fuses anyway just to be safe and deal with the inconvienance.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Unless I missed something, the instructions in the book state "if you have onstar" which I don't. Besides that section, there was no other info that stated to pull any fuses again, unless I missed a particular page.

·
Registered
27 Posts
For my 05...

From pulling the INFO fuse, I lost my Onstar minutes because they are installed in the truck... now I pull three fuses and leave the INFO fuse in. Onstar gave them back but I'm not calling them back again....
That would be a bummer to lose my OnStar minutes... does simply shutting it off with the switch on the mirror (so the light is out) disable it properly/enough?

What three fuses do you still pull? (my Pred isn't here yet)

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mine came with 1 piece of paper stapled to the inside of the instructions showing i need to pull the radio,amp,and info fuses under the hood.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
That would be a bummer to lose my OnStar minutes... does simply shutting it off with the switch on the mirror (so the light is out) disable it properly/enough?

What three fuses do you still pull? (my Pred isn't here yet)

I would pull what they say. Just call onstar and tell them that you heard you may loose your minuets because your replacing your batteries or something. If you loose them then they can confirm what you had and reprogram them back in...

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
BullyDog says to pull TBC BATT, TBC IGN, Radio, and INFO.

Pulling TBC BATT and TBC IGN keep my aftermarket radio from powering up when I cycle the key, and they also keep the interior lights from coming on (I do hit the "o" on the heater control to shut the fan off.

I do pull INFO, but I don't use the truck for it's phone.

If I pull "Radio" I have to reprogram my station presets and GPS/NAV preferences... an hour project, so I leave that one in, but pull the other three.
I do the programming with the door open.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts