Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased the Predator for my LBZ. My question is that if I run the 85hp tune, will it hurt the drive train over time? Or should I just stick with the 65hp tune to be safe?

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I ran my Predator on 85 for 4000 miles before I installed the Transgo Jr. tranny seemed to handle the power fine, but I drive fairly easy only get into it once in a while. If you hammer it an a daily basis your probably on borrowed time. There are some people on this site who run the 120 setting all the time with a stock tranny but I don't know how they drive. So 85 is probably OK as long as you don't run hard all the time.

·
Banned
720 Posts
if you plan on not doing alotof upgrades and plan on keeping your truck long term stick to the 65 tune myself thats where mine is set on want to make it last

·
Registered
57 Posts
Catch03 did you notice any increase in mileage with the 65 tune? How long have you had your tune in your truck? I have the Diablo Predator but took it out fearing transmission damage.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
i have been running the 85 tune for about 7000 miles of its 8300mile life and havent had any problems yet. our trannys are good to 450rwhp.

·
Registered
31 Posts
ICatch03 did you notice any increase in mileage with the 65 tune? How long have you had your tune in your truck? I have the Diablo Predator but took it out fearing transmission damage.

I think that if your worried about longivity leave it on 65 tune. If you want slap the 85hp tune once in awhile it probably wont hurt any. This is what i do and only my opinion. Also i have just over 1000 miles on my 65 hp tune and i have seen an increase in mileage apprx. 2.5 mpgs, thats a savings of about $15 per tank @ $3.25 per gallon. So i should get my money back completely after a total of 19 fillups. (I think)

·
Registered
31 Posts
ICatch03 did you notice any increase in mileage with the 65 tune? How long have you had your tune in your truck? I have the Diablo Predator but took it out fearing transmission damage.

I think that if your worried about longivity leave it on 65 tune. If you want slap the 85hp tune once in awhile it probably wont hurt any. This is what i do and only my opinion. Also i have just over 1000 miles on my 65 hp tune and i have seen an increase in mileage apprx. 2.5 mpgs, thats a savings of about $15 per tank @ $3.25 per gallon. So i should get my money back completely after a total of 19 fillups. (I think)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts