Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just picked up my new predator 2.02 today and started the install. Pulled the fuses as the directions said (radio, radio amp, info). Onstar was off so I proceeded. It pulled my tune to 100% and I made it per the directions all the way to the install tune part. I tried the 65hp. It connected and then said error message..script??and a couple other things I can't remember. I tried a few times. As soon as the message would appear each time I could hear a soloeind under drivers side of truck click. I hear this everytime I turn my key on regularly. I tried a few times. I tried return to stock and same message. So I turned the key off and disconnected the predator. Truck started and ran fine. Whats the deal here? Anybody have some info for me?? Diablo was closed today when I called this afternoon. So much for extra power this weekend unless I can resolve this.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Mine does that if I don't pull the fuses. Not sure why yours does if you pulled them. Were you sure your amp was off? Any drain on power will cause that message.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yes I actually had the backseat down to make sure the amp was off. It was off the whole time. The only thing That I can think of that had drawn any power was the soloenid under the hood. What is that soloenid anyways? Does that fuse need to get pulled?? btw my truck is a 2005. I'm just wondering if I'm missing any fuses. The book that came with the predator actually didn't even match the programmer that well. Alot of the screens in the display were even different than the book. The fuse chart in it was wrong. There was a single sheet of paper that matched mine exactly that I followed. Just the three fuses.

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
did you shut your headlights off?
(need to be sure to do that manualy every time you turn the ignition switch on)

·
Registered
10,556 Posts
Mine did this from my PAC-12. Make sure to pull the power completely from all aftermarket accessories, not just turn them off.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Make sure you shut the interior lights off and disable the day running lights while you are tuning. Just to make sure, you did pull the three fuses in the underhood fuse box and one fuse from the interior drivers side fuse panel? And make sure your a/c unit and radio are off.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Which fuse from inside? Yes the headlights were off and so was the a/c. I do have the aoem gm24, but that is powered from the radio. It sure would be a problem to have to pull the radio and have to get all that to fit back in the dash everytime I wanted to try a differet tune. Is there anybody else that has the aoemgm24 that has to unplug it? Even though my onstar was off I'm going to try removing some fuses inside and see what happens. Which was the one inside you were referring to?

·
Registered
10,556 Posts
My 12 is powered from an always on source and triggered from the radio, if that makes sense. I would bet that is your problem.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I pulled one more fuse from under the hood and two from inside for a grand total of six. I do't know which one worked but I'm in buisness now. Thanks for the help. Now I'm just waiting for the tranny to catch up to the 65hp tune. It is slipping like crazzyyyy!! I've read on here that it could take up to two weeks from some people. I guess I'm just gonna try to get some miles on it this weekend. Thanks for the help again everybody..

·
Registered
205 Posts
I had this same exact thing happen to me and it drove me nuts. I called Diablo and they said is was because the battery didn't have enough charge on it and I thought they were crazy.

So I put all the fuses back in and just went for about a 20 minute drive. When I got back, pulled the fuses and it loaded right up.:confused:

Also sounds stupid, but I think the key postion makes a differnce too. I always load and unload on the second click of the key as opposed to the first.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Also sounds stupid, but I think the key postion makes a differnce too. I always load and unload on the second click of the key as opposed to the first.

Hope this helps.
Yep... It does make a difference. First click is accessories only, such as radio, so it doesn't turn the ECM on. Second click is "ON".

1 - 11 of 11 Posts