Diesel Place banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recieved my new Predator for my 07 LBZ. I installed it exactly per the instructions. I downloaded the 85 hp tune, and adjusted the parameters for my 265 tires and 3.73 rearend. Everything went fine.

I took a spin and drove real easy for a couple of miles. After a bit, the trans was shifting fine, I stood on it a bit. The truck wanted to pull, and did for a few seconds. The tach just sat at 3K no matter how hard you were on the pedal, and would not shift, or go over about 40.

The code I read was P0087, Low Fuel Rail Pressure.

It is cold here, about 5 deg. F, but the truck was thourholy warmed up and there is Power Service in a fresh tank of fuel.

Can anybody please help?

·
Premium Member
9,683 Posts
Cold weather, dirty fuel, and increased demands on an already marginal uel system are making this more and more common. Some are seeing this in stock vehicles. Lift pumps will be the solution or at least a big part of it...

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I would start with a new fuel filter. I have ran a good bit of power on my all stock lbz with the lift pumps unplugged and no rail pressure drop,but I am annal about maintenance (filters and such)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, its gotta be the filter. I downloaded the original tune and drove to work this am. Ran fine, but when on the throttle hard it faultered. I did notice this a bit a few weeks ago, when on it hard.

The truck is brand new, only 1K on the odo. I have been getting 11% biodiesel and #2 here in IL, and have mixed them in the tank.

I'll be doing the filter today....

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was the fuel filter.... Thanks to all.

·
Premium Member
9,683 Posts
KraftyHD;1597042; said:
It was the fuel filter.... Thanks to all.
A sign of things to come. It will happen again so plan for some lift supply.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I put in my 85 tune last night and couldn't get enough fuel. Reset the code, put in my 65 tune and it ran with no problems. I really think it's a poor quality winter fuel issue. I may just save the Predator for summer.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I run the 85 and dont have a problem and I have 9600 on my fuel filter. I was running the 120 and didnt have a problem either. Is the code thrown whenever there is an issue?
ac

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have ran mine hard also on all settings and no probs. w/ 10500 miles on the fuel filter. Maybe a mixture of the cold and bio.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.