Diesel Place banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my 2005 back from the dealer. Tried to reinstall the Predator 40HP and got this error;

Vehicle Data Backup
###Error###
Reading process
terminated

Any Ideas?? I have tried 2 differant Predators and I am not unpluging any fuses, but I have never had to before.

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
What did they do to the truck? Updated calibration?

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
is it like its not reconizing your truck go more into detail

·
Registered
10,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was getting a tranny code. According to them they did nothing but drive around with the Tech2 hooked up. They asked me to bring it back when I could leave it.

·
Registered
10,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It gives the error right after it starts the backup.

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
Try pulling the recommended fuses. Can't hurt.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Rick, I never pulled any fuses either. Just step on e-brake pedal and go for it. Someone else on here posted a month or so back that while loading their Predator someone opened the door to get in and watch. That little power surge must have messed up the download, it died! He stated he had to start over a couple of times before it took. Let us know what you find out.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
****, I too just took my truck in for a tranny code...got the updates but haven't loaded a new tune yet...

I'll see what happens to me...

·
Registered
10,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK here's the scoop. I had installed a Pac 12 to run my laptop into my stereo. It was the problem. I had to unhook it to get the Predator to load. Nothing as bad as I had thought, just didn't think about it. Really finicky stuff!

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Good to know, Rick. I think it was Max Power who suggested hooking up a low current charger to the truck when programming. It's probably a good idea!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts