Diesel Place banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, it finally happened to me. I "took off" for work and had it pretty well wound up then let off. When I got half way up a hill I accellerated "normally" and nada. No CEL. It just kept me going about 40mph and 2k RPMs. I hit another level-ish spot and it seemed to accellerate better, but not perfect. I'm running the 80hp tune. Filters were changed just a few 100 miles ago. So I get to work, hook-up the Predator and get a P010 MAF Code and a P1093 Fuel Rail Pressure. I reset them and used the Diagnostics tool to read Fuel Rail Pressure it was at 40 whatever units. Also, Balance rates were .6-.7 all around. MAP was 14psi, MAF 5.6 lb/m. All IC boots in-tact, factory air so no "oil in MAF".

My questions are does resetting the codes fix the "problem," should I check anything else?

·
Registered
5,113 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
mine was throwing the 1093 code alot recently, i had it in to 2 different dealerships and one changed the fuel press regulator and the 2nd robbed me for 240 buck. i went to a guy who does a lot of work on these d-maxes and he changed out the fuel rail relief valve with a ppe race valve and now no 1093's. hope this helps

·
Registered
11,311 Posts
Larry, its that time of year when the fuel tends to gel up. What are the temps up there currently? Every 1093 I threw on my 04.5 LLY, it was because of the fuel starting to gel, not anything to do with the motor. I learned not to give it too much throttle when the temps were at 10 degrees or below.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I had the same problem the other day. I was playing a little too much and limped the engine. I had done this before without the chip and it was due to having 20k on a fuel filter. This time with 5k on the filter. I was thinkin this might be due to runnin some questionable fuel out of my L tank, but I am thinkin I might need the fuel rail shim.

·
Registered
9,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea I figured I limped it. Just wondering if the Predator clears the code or "problem?" Temps wern't that cold Nick, around mid 20's. Engine was up to temp, but fuel may have still been "chilly." Anyway I reset the codes and she's working fine now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.