Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it safe to run predator 85 tune on stock 05 lly w/4inch exhaust turbo back no kitty,also any opinions on blocker plate and installation

·
Registered
207 Posts
for some it is ,for some it aint. got mine to limp the alli real easy with the 85 hp tune .you would be safe with the 65 hp tune .
:lol:

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Like said before, it might work and it might not. I have a stock tranny and run a Wester's tune(24/7) and usually stack it with Edge on any and all levels. I have yet to limp my trans, but I am also ready and willing to upgrade when it does.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Also, I would suggest the EGR blocker and Finger's Stick. You can get them from vendors on the site and both are very straight forward to install. IIRC, there are great directions and maybe a DIY thread.

·
Registered
320 Posts
If you get the predator with v2.02, why not just unplug the EGR rather then spending money on the blocker plate? From what I've read on here, it has the same effect. I'm running the 65hp and the truck runs soo well.. I'm extremely impressed with the difference in power/acceleration. I'm debating on trying the 85hp as I don't want to cause damage (definately won't try the 100hp).

I don't know if I am ballsy enough to load the 85hp..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
predator and blocker

set predator at 85 last night,the power is sweet.transmission seem to shift fine.ithink I will leave it here for awhile.Tryed to install blocker plate ,air kept blowing out no matter how tight,so i removed it. WTF???

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
Try putting the gasket on the exhaust side of the plate when installing it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts