Diesel Place banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my Predator set on 65. When I push down on the accelerator pedal, it seems more like an on/off switch. There is no easing into it.
Does it act differently on the 40 setting?

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Yep - that's why I run the 40HP tune.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I have my Predator set on 65. When I push down on the accelerator pedal, it seems more like an on/off switch. There is no easing into it.
Does it act differently on the 40 setting?
From the dyno charts I've seen, there's a substantial amount of added torque up to 2100 rpm on the Predator's 65hp setting. That's why your throttle feels so sensitive on that setting. A little less so on the 40hp setting. I really notice the change when I go from the 65hp setting back to stock..... a world of difference in acceleration. Gotta love that low-end response.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, what a diffference. I changed my Predator from the 65 setting down to the 40 setting. The truck accelerates much more smoothly, and shifts so much better it's amazing. I do miss the added power though. Too bad the 65 setting drives so bad in comparison.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
im on 65 as of 400 miles ago. shifting is about as good as it is going to get, but i can stand it. extra power makes up for the weird defueling between light-pedal shifts.

·
Registered
334 Posts
im on 65 as of 400 miles ago. shifting is about as good as it is going to get, but i can stand it. extra power makes up for the weird defueling between light-pedal shifts.
I am thinking of trying the 40hp just for that reason. So the 40hp doesn't do that weird defueling at light throttle, or at least not as bad? I would just try it but I am happy with the 65hp with that exception.

The 40hp is probably easier on everything anyway.....

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
The 65hp setting was the worse of the group IMHO. I went to 85hp and loved it, even the 100hp setting drove better than the 65hp. After about 4,000 miles on 100hp, the stock clutches looked a bit burned.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Version 2.02. It shifts much better on 40 than 65 doing the normal around town driving. The 65 was great if you put your foot in it, but if you drove it in traffic, when you had to keep pace with other cars from a stop, it shifted with pauses, and wasn't smooth at all. On 40, it drives really nice.

·
Registered
536 Posts
The 65 setting on the new version (2.02) is much improved as far as shifting is concerned. I use it as my daily driver/ tow program with a boost stick. The old 65 straight sucked. The throttle is still a bit touchy with the 2.02 though.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
65 seems good to me on mine............shifts good......accelerates well ! It is much smoother shifting and operating than my HT on level 3 !

I didn't notice any difference in shifting between the 65 and 85 on mine ..........there was diffenately a little more power.........and my tranny let me know it in 5th !! So far...........no trouble in 65 hp.......even in 5th !!

I haven't tried the 40 yet............but I will this coming weekend (pulling a 4500 boat) !!

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I haven't tried the 40 yet............but I will this coming weekend (pulling a 4500 boat) !!
I pull that weight (horse trailer) routinely on 65 hp setting. No problems in 17,000 miles.

I hope I didn't just jinx myself!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Thanks for the info.........I probably would try the 65 hp ........but I am a little scared since I limped my tranny in 5th on the 85hp setting ! I figure a 4500 lb boat and running 70mph or so in 5th with a tranny that has been limped once already may be asking for trouble.............although it may be no problem........what do you guys think ???

1 - 13 of 13 Posts