Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I had something really funny happen yesterday. I orginally calibrated my speedo and max mph and put the 85 Hp tune on my truck when i bought it and really never messed with it since. Yesterday my dad was wanting me to set up his pedator on his '07. I couldnt remember what I set my tires on, because I knew that setting the predator the the tire size wouldnt give me a totally accurate speedo reading.
Well this is where it became funny. When I went into the settings and tried to look for what setting I put my tires on, I ended up clearing out what i had programmed in there or so it seemed so I preceded to go and reprogram for my tires. The first time I put in the sidewall #'s so this next time I wanted to try putting how tall the tires were (31.6 for 265/75/16's)
I programmed this into my truck and left off. Well right away I noticed right away that my brake pedal was different feeling, almost as if I had no power brakes. I could push it all the way down and then I could hear the ABS motor come on, it would push to the floor and I could let off and it was work fine for a bit. After about 5 minutes of driving my ABS light and brake light would come on and the DIC would say SERVICE BRAKE SYSTEM. It bothered me but I figured that it was something to do with what i had just done to the settings.
I put it back to stock reprogrammed it using the sidewall #'s put the tune back on, and now it is fine. I dont know what happend, but I must have confused the ABS sensor or the speedo was off so much it thought that I was locking up and activating, i dont know.

I just thought i would see if anyone had a similar experience with this. Sorry it was so long

Jon

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I had the exact same thing happen to me and It happened when I tried to put the tire height in inches just like you did. I used 265-75-16 for my 285s and the speedo is dead on with my gps.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Also had the same thing happen when I used the inches for tire height. Reset to the sidewall markings and everything is fine.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I had the same problem with my predator. I wonder why that is with the predator dialed in for tire height it screws up but when you put in the sidewall number it's fine??? :confused:

·
Registered
58 Posts
okay is anyone running 33 in tires with the predator, i cant seem to get the speedo correct, please inform on what size you put in....thanks

1,149 Posts
I have 305/70/16's and I put into my predator 267/70/16 and it's within 1mph of my GPS. It took me a few times to dial it in, but haven't ever had a problem with the ABS.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts