Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed my predator v 2.0. The tranny shifts terrible. 3 questions: 1) does this improve over time? 2) are there any tricks to improve the shifts? 3) is the v 2.02 better? I am thinking about sending it in for the update.

Thanks in advance for your input

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Yes the tranny is just getting used to the power. Take it easy for the first 50-100 miles(but not too easy) and let the tranny adjust and it should get better.

And the update cant hurt.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Had both versions. 2.02 is much better on the shifting. Smoother power also. Give it a few days of driving and things will improve - shifting wise.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Mine (V2.00) shifts more or less like stock after over a week of driving it...

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Predator and Tranny shifts

I've never run the Pred V2. After I bought my Predator (V2.02) and uploaded a tune, I took it out and did the following procedure to help it learn the new found power.

Find a road where you can stop, run up to 55 mph, and slowly come to a stop safely.

1) With the shift selector in D and from a dead stop, accelerate, at a moderate rate, up to 55 mph.
2) Then, let off the go-pedal and immediately pull the shifter down to first and let the truck decelerate going the gears (downshifting) until you come to 1st gear and stop. Put the shifter back in D.
3) Repeat steps 1 & 2, two more times.

This will help your tranny learn quicker and shifter will be much better, almost immediately. From there, it only gets better.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have my Predator set at the 65 tune. It took about 200 miles to really set in. The only hiccup the tranny has is if at WOT the 3rd to 4th shift is alittle off. Remeber that you have to put it Tow-Haul mode so the tranny can learn there as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts