Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much boost are you guys seeing with the older Predator 2.0 and a boost stick?

I finally got everything working in my truck I think after the bad wiring in the harness was replaced and got to try it out tonight.

With the Predator 2.0 set on the highest tune, I saw right at 28 psi peak.

Does this seem to be about right? I've still got stock exhaust if that's going to make any difference...

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
I've never run that combo but that is about what I would expect to see and pretty close to right where you want to be.

·
Registered
10,556 Posts
Mine with the Predator, BS, and 3 1/2" straight pipe will hit 32 pounds, but I might have a different version BS. I think the newer ones are a little more refined.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info, guys. Man, I love the way it feels--I can't believe most tunes don't increase boost.

I would have to think that if I had more fueling available, I'd get that extra 4 psi or so that I'm after. What I think I'm really going to love is the really decreased exhaust temps.

Looks like I'd better get exhaust and lift pumps before more fuel, though!

·
Registered
874 Posts
I did like that tune a lot, but I didnt' have gauges at the time, so I have no idea on boost.

·
Registered
84 Posts
coyote,
I too have 3 1/2 exhaust -cat, have Pred. w/ BS and my gauge hits the stop needle at 30 lbs. So I could have a lb or 2 more but over factory it makes a huge difference. I am on a 5000 mile trip w/ 5th trailer and pulled many long hills from Nevada, Arizona, Utah, and Colorado (the last was Wolk Creek Pass at 10600 ft). Before kicking out overdrive and running 4th gear egt temps would push into the red zone. Now it backs off and barely enters the yellow gauge zone. It will hit the high 30 mark, then back off to 25-27 lbs (before BS, trying to keep levels of 15 lbs factory during hard pulls was all you could expect). BS is well worth the price. Again, thanks Fingers for lending us your engineering tech.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Im seeing a max of 32psi with that combo.....

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info guys. I also have a 60 psi boost gauge, so it's harder to tell since the gauge markings are more coarse.

I need to get a 35 psi gauge for more accuracy.

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
Never understood the draw to 50 and 60 psi gauges.

Hey, what was the wiring harness issue about?

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
On the high psi gauges...I'm learning, and I didn't know at the time how much boost we'd eventually take the LLYs to. Since under 35 psi seems to be the ticket, now I know!

The electrical issue turned out to be bad wires in the loom leading from the ECM to the vane position sensor. The dealer originally swapped out the sensor, but it likely wasn't bad. Once they routed new wires, all was back to working normal. When I got it back, I installed the boost stick, and it too seems to be working great.

Is there any harm in leaving the vane position sensor wired directly to the ECM instead of going through the loom and bale connectors? The only time I can see that it would matter would be with harness boxes, and I'm not aware of any on the market that modify vane position.

Any comments?

·
Registered
46 Posts
In hitting around 28psi at WOT. This is Predator set at 65, 3.5inch straight piped exhaust. I don't have a BS or EGR blocker.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts