Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well, the stock turbo is supposed to put out 18-20 psi of boost, and the stock wastegate is set up for that. You insert this little device in line between the waste hose and the wastegate, so it won't trip until you reach some higher pressure (28+ is what I've seen them claim, depending on which company makes this specific increase valve), which puts more strain on the stock turbo to pump that hard. Not that it will cause a failure, I've seen them ran constantly w/o problems for thousands of miles, but just realize it could.

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
Those valves are no harder ona turbo then a Banks Waste Gate.

Get one thats adjustable if your getting one IMO. I have JK's version and I can set it where I want it, I have mine at about 29 lbs and it works well.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
also you can do a search....there are some homeade versions out there that can be had for $10

·
Registered
10,516 Posts
How is it hard on turbo??
Juicegrips(TM):ro)

only 29.95):h

How hard is it on the turbo?

Good Question. What could possibly go wrong?:lol:

·
Registered
600 Posts

r those juicegrips adjusteble?:lol:

·
Registered
2,738 Posts

the PPE might as well be juicegrips, i got the same result

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I made mine with a piece of 1/4" tubing, two hose clamps, and a 0.125" drill bit. Jumped the boost to 24psi.

·
Registered
600 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Mine stock with the edge reads 26 alot. Is this a false reading?

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
r u serious? I just took mine off and installed the Banks Big Head.....
yeah im pretty sure the wastegate didnt open in time and thats what caused it to blow and that was just with the PPE hot, nothing stacked

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Been thinking about getting one of these...do the use of these set an overboost code? Is this even an issue, and how do you deal with it?

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
The Edge Juice will inhibit overboost, otherwise you'll need a program that takes care of this or a fooler gizmo which some are using to Band Aid.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Mine stock with the edge reads 26 alot. Is this a false reading?
If you are reading boost with the Edge guage, 26 is about the Max an Edge guage will read, even if you are running 30 + lbs.
Don't know if Edge has upgraded this feature.

·
Registered
87 Posts
its probably not as hard on the turbo at sea level because it doesnt have to spool up as much as higher altitude because of denser air. at a higher altitude i would be worried about blowing up that turbo

1 - 20 of 23 Posts