Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I been thinking on installing a unit that is called a Pre-Luber. This unit suppose to use the oil in your system to lubricate the engine and the turbo before start-up. It also has a timer that can be preset to 6 min. after the engine is turn off that will lubricate the turbo. Has anyone heard of this and has put on there truck I would like to know what the thought's on this unit are.

Would be appreciated

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
Heard of it, IIRC it was a bit costly and the installation was complex? Not sure. I have to wonder how beneficial it realistically would be. Also curious how the system works when the engine is running. Does it go into a standby mode? Does oil circulate through it?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Duramax Diesel
Very good qustions and the unit is costly. You could call a gentleman name John at Pre-Luber. The phone # is on there web-site also the E-mail. I would also like to know these answer's. For I just purchased the Pre-luber. I had these question when I E-mail them.
1. When doing a oil change, will this unit, not let some of the oil in the pump & lines not to drain?
Ans. A small amount of oil will remain. Same with your engine; a small amount
2. I found this unit on the web-site and I was wondering if you could put on a 3/8" hose on instead of the 1/2" hose, and I do travel up north in the winter?
Ans. Do not use a 3/8" hose!! Think of it sucking a thick milkshake through a straw. Cold temps. thicken the oil and add load to the pump/motor. We only use 1/2" hose in our deisel kits.
Hope this helps you out
Would appreciate a answer to your question's
Thanks GMC-DMAX

·
Registered
473 Posts
The Cummins V 16 engine (K2000E) that is used in Mining Haul Trucks, comes with a Pre-Lube. The unit is tied in were the engine starter would not work until there was oil pressure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts