Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to drive my new lbz, pretty much right off the truck. Had 3 miles on it. My question is, are these trucks ready to go right off the truck as far as oil in the pan, tranny, diffs and such? Dealer said take it for the weekend, plastic still on the seats and all. Have not taken delivery yet, but I put 200 miles on her last weekend without really thinking about any prep. work that might have been needed. Thought I should get some info from a tech because the salesman im dealing with probably thinks theres spark plugs on these trucks. :rolleyes: I noticed on the VIN checks there is PDI-fluid adds?

Anyway, just wondering, probably just paranoid. :eek::

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
Usually they will be fine but just might require topping up.

·
Registered
663 Posts
:exactly:

That said, while on a test drive Saturday the low coolant light came on about 2 miles from the dealership. Dealer brushed it off as the lot tech not topping off fluids during prep.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I would double check them, my avalanche trans. was 2 quarts over full when I picked it up.

·
Registered
682 Posts
My 05 Was Fine Except The Differentals ( Need Spell Ck ). They Were Both Real Low Even After Prep..

Arm

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
You should be fine around town.

My 05 had 1400 miles on it when we left for Florida with the 6400# travel trailer. About halfway I noticed the smell of gear oil whenever we opened the slider window. I ended up putting a quart of gear lube in the rear diff just to get it within a half inch of the fill plug.
The moral is to not trust anyone, check your truck yourself after you buy it.

Scott

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys, I will post some pics after delivery.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Congratulations..
When mine came in to the dealership, salesman called me, and I took it for a drive. It only had less than 1 mile on it and I had no problem with it. Was great to be the first to drive it on the road!!!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Amazing power! was my first impression. Turbo spools quick and the response is immediate. Had to roll the windows down and turn off the radio, I love the sound of this thing! Even strong through the midrange, going 50mph I put the accelerator down (not floored) and it pushed me right back in my seat. :jawdrop: Mileage is good right off the lot. DIC showed 16.5 going 75 mph, 18.0 going 70mph, and 19.2 at 60mph.
My 6.0 gas could never achieve numbers like that, expecially when it was new. The thought that this milage will get even better makes me think this will be a long lasting realationship.):h

·
Banned
1,390 Posts
Don't forget to change the Allison spin on filter at first oil change and rear differential oil by 5000 mi. If it's like most '05s it will drain 2 qts and take 4. Enjoy!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts