Registered
1,106 Posts
We need to find out who Dan works for.

:joke: :lol:

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lear Siegler Services. I'm a DoD contract flight instructor. So, in that sense, I am paid for my opinions....

Really, Walt got right back to me on my question. I was impressed and I said so. Nothing more than that or I'd have more crap done on my truck than my signature suggests.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Lear Siegler Services. I'm a DoD contract flight instructor. So, in that sense, I am paid for my opinions....

Really, Walt got right back to me on my question. I was impressed and I said so. Nothing more than that or I'd have more crap done on my truck than my signature suggests.
Yes. Walt is a very helpful guy, and I wish he was a supporting vendor here so I could brag on him a lot more. I just dont think anyone, well, at least I didnt understand what "ooo" meant. His SS diesel supply sticker is right next to my diesel place.com sticker on my back window.

I was being a smart eleck on my first post. I apoligize. I was in a smart elech mood yesterday. No harm done, just need to hear more than "ooo".

:D

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Born ready. That was a result of my incompetence. I'd double posted that entry and couldn't delete one of them and decided to just edit out the text in one of the entries hoping it would just fall away. The forum wouldn't let me save it without anything in the message area so I held a key down. Turns out it was an "o".

I didn't think anyone would read anything into it. By the way, I did have another question for Walt and got the same almost intantaneous and courteous response. It's interesting how people respond to opinions on the internet. I went ahead and ground out the plenum on my car based solely on what I've read hear. But what if this site was a terrorist organization hoping to demoralize the home mechanic sector of our nation? I say Walt at SS Diesel was good to me. Someone else says something less flattering. What's a person to think?

Opinions vary and one shouldn't discount honest opinions expressed - both good and bad. What troubles me about the nature of the internet is the transient quality of truth. There's another website that has a diesel focus that did an "product evaluation" article on the Heath PMD Isolator. It had photos of the installation and performance evaluation charts. Great. But I tried going back to the page recently and both the article and any reference to Heath had disappeared.

Magazines print their articles and if you want to know what they thought at the time, just go to the library or order a backissue. Quit sponsoring some websites and...well your product article disappears along with the truth and any assemblance of integrity.

In any relatively unrestricted forum, you'll have bad actors. Managing that is a challenge. From the brief time I've been visiting, I've been highly impressed by this site and rank it right up there with another favorite, screamandfly.com - a website for high performance outboard enthusiasts. I think if you have a complaint with a vendor - either supporting or not - you're responsible to provide specificity rather than something like that guy's an ass or whatever.

So, in summary: Walt - good guy because he provided me with a good product and supported me on the installation; this site - outstanding; screamandfly.com - give it a look as some of these boats will redefine your definition of high performance.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Dan,
I couldnt agree with you more.

But, like you said, I have been with this site long enough to trust it completely. I also trust Walt, Bill Heath, and Kennedy...they are the real deal, and I have the service from them to prove it.

I had no idea what the "ooo" was...now I do.

There are clowns on every site..they give it a fun twist in my opinion, and sometimes I get the clown bug too.

Anyway, hands down, it is important to let people know when a service is legit and you had a positive experience.....it is expecially important to let people know when you have been taken or recieved bad service from ANY vender.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Ditto, Walt is a good guy. Very helpfull.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ditto

I also had a great experience with Walt. My truck would die on a restart after a 'hotsoak'. Mechanic replaced the lift pump which did not correct the problem. Then after talking to Walt, he suggested the OPS. He was right on. No more problems since.

Have a 95 Sub w/ 6.5. Is anyone monitoring thru their OBD1? Wondering what software and setup. Interested in doing it in the near future.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts